Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Leaky Sunroof

52LAZ

hi there guys,

my sister has a is200 le, shes not had it long, after heavy rain last night she came to it this morning, and there was a small amount of water on the top of the sun blind/slider underneath the sun roof,

anybody else had any experiance of this or much it would cost to have the sunroof seal replaced.

thanks guys.

i don't know what the seal costs at the dealer but if it costs you more then 50 quid you could get a second hand one of eBay for that money ( I mean the whole sunroof incl the lining)

• 1 month later...

i had a similar issue last month... so stripped the whole headlining down and did water test.. turned out to be the windscreen needs re-bonding. also lexus informed me that they dont do replacement seals for the sunroof... and you will have to but the whole sunroof glass etc etc... but as said u can pick a whole assembly up from eBay for a fraction of the cost.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi I had exactly the same problem with my LE back last year I tried everything the problem was that the sunroof Glass had gone. I went to a braker got a new Sunroof Runners and spare motor for £70.

I have the same problem with my sunroof as well ...

does anyone have a picture of where the drains are placed??

I can see the two front ones ... but where on eather are the rear ones?

Also I had heard that a straightened coat hunger would to the trick and clean them... do you suggest that?

Nope ... when the sunroof tilts there is a plastic thing that raises with it ... and blocks visibility or access...

when slid open have better view ... but no sign of rear holes :( :(

can only see the front ones through the rubber

Not looked in the sunroof, but the rear drains exit behind the rear wheel arches. You can see them behind the wheel arch under the boot floor.

What I've done on cars in the past, is simply pour water down the drains from the sunroof area to check it comes out the bottom ok.

Sorry Vasilis - I have had to clear mine recently and thought I had done this on tilt. As sjrainsford I also cleared by pouring water into channel and made sure it escaped. Some sites recommend blowing air from the bottom of the rear tubes.

• 2 years later...

Nope ... when the sunroof tilts there is a plastic thing that raises with it ... and blocks visibility or access...

when slid open have better view ... but no sign of rear holes sad.pngsad.png

can only see the front ones through the rubber

BLA-BLA-BLA-BLA//.....AS USUAL......whenthe thing rises there are thingies that lowers.............