Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is220D Lacking Power When Pulling Off

Modeler

Hi everyone, have owned my 07 IS220D, 78K miles, for some 18 months and have noticed a distinct lack of power when pulling away from traffic lights, roundabouts etc. Read forum re EGR valve and, as vehicle was due a service, took it to Lexus Nottingham. After a lot of work, including cleaning the EGR valve and checking the cat for blockage, the fault was traced to the MAF sensor, (whatever that is)! Don't know if anyone has had this problem but worth noting perhaps. Cannot praise Lexus Nottingham highly enough, very good service and they only charged me for 2 hours labour when I suspect that finding the fault took a lot longer. Have no hesitation in recommending them if anyone in the Nottingham area needs work done. :flowers:

Good job done by Nottingham Lexus, I am supposed to be organising a GS450H test drive with them but finding the time is a problem at present.

MAF is Mass AirFlow basically it is on the air intake after the air filter and measures the amount of air plus its temperature as it enters the manifold so the ECU can make the necessary adjustments to the fueling required.

If it does develop a fault it can cause the symptoms you had, poor running and loss of power as the engine will run on back up default settings known as Limp Home Mode in other words there is a problem but the car will do its best to get you there without causing more damage, the engine management light would also normally illuminate indicating all is not well.

Thanks for reply Steve. Strangely car did not have any warning lights and was not in limp home mode. Ran OK once revs were above 2K, just a bit frightening when trying to pull away.

Hi, sounds very similar to the problem i had, car went ok above 2000 revs but flat below that. Problem was traced to the MAF valve and car has been ok since this, and the EGR valve, were cleaned by Lexus Nottingham. I did subequently put a can of Bg244 in the tank and the car does seem to be a lot better since this. Returned some 51+mpg on a round trip of 250 miles, smoother running and good low down torque, so quite impressed. Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I just had the problem of lacking pulling off power i have a IS 220d 2008 60,000 miles rang lexus of hull took it in diagnosed the problem of the EGR valve gave me a courtsey car cleaned the valve valeted my car and brought it back to me same day and never charged me a penny,i have used lexus of hull a few times now mostly for services and their customer service is second to none they absolutely brillant :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links