Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Suspension.

lexusis200x2000

the upgrade would be to put is300 shocks and springs in..

but if you can find a spring manufacturer they could make you up something special that fits properly and will have the upgrade you wanted

next up is to change your setup to coilover suspension this will be able to carry some extra weight but will not be all that much extra ( think maximum of 100 kg on top of what the car can carry)

alternative(but very expensive) is change the suspension to air suspension (you can specify how much strength you want the bags to be able to carry) or even hydraulic suspension

Basically the IS300 has a 3 litre engine and auto gearbox and is heavier overall. Not by a vast amount though. Think its 1830kg and 1955kg. Personally I dont know if the suspension is any different, could well be.

Basically the IS300 has a 3 litre engine and auto gearbox and is heavier overall. Not by a vast amount though. Think its 1830kg and 1955kg. Personally I dont know if the suspension is any different, could well be.

When a car has a heavier engine manufacturers always make sure the springs are stiffer both in the front and in the rear.

It is more of an extra bumpstop but because it is rubber it still gives some extra flex... not that much and it makes the spring very harsh... but under load it does what it says on the package comfort is out the window