Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Problems Opening The Boot

Shifty

I have just purchased a 2001 is200 sport and I have found a slight problem with the boot

I can open it using the lever inside the car but it wont open via the button on the key fob or manually putting the key in.

Is there a catch on it that has been flicked which is only allowing it to open from the lever in the car?

There was a catch on my old impreza that did it.

you have the normal latch system like on any car door/boot. sounds like you have got a car that has had it's locks changed and they missed the boot lock and the key is not programed for the boot open. check first the lock. open the boot and remove the cover from the boot lid. think its 10 small plastic clips. you will need to remove the plastic covers from the hindges first. then you can check thé lock and see if it looks like it's been changed. but i dont think so. think it's the barrels and door keys that have been changed

stand near the boot and keep pressing the boot button on your key for about 3 seconds without taking your thumb off and you should hear it open... took me months to figure this out!! if this does not work replace your key Battery with new ones as Battery might be weak on the remote.

As said, you need to push and hold the button on the remote to pop the boot. If it still doesn't work then the remote probably needs programming for it (there's a thread with the instructions here somewhere for that)

As for unlocking with the key - what does your key look like? Is there a ridge down each side of the blade, or is it smooth? If it's smooth, then you're using a valet key, which won't unlock the boot, or the glovebox, with the key blade. If it's got a ridge down both sides it's the right key, so maybe the lock has been changed as Jay said (most likely the tailgate itself has been changed, possibly if it got dented or similar)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links