Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Post Pics Of Your Lexus

• 2 months later...

Mat, that car is absolutely the most awesome IS ive seen, i bet you get decent mpg out of that, in my opinion the 2jzgte is the best engine. 3 years ago i spoke to the technicians at scooby clinic and in their opinion its far better than nissans rb26dett .Fancy a swap mat for my basic is200 in black ? HAha

Wont. your insurance pay out then

Insurance doesn't work that way here. They won't even pay for the fence that was hit. Besides I had to take all the blame on myself, since the girl needed to stay unnoticed in all of this.

So what your saying is that she was uninsured. Was anyone hurt? AND where is 'here'

No one is hurt thank god. The airbags worked quite well...with the exception that the passengers one broke the windscreen, who though it was a good idea for it to go upwards?

It's not UK, insurence works differently. You have the mandatory one which only covers you if it wasn't your fault, or covers the damage done to someone elses car. You can purchase full cover for the car which would cover, at least partially, cases like this but it was quoted to me as twice the price of the car. with me being as "rich" as I am it wasn't really an option.

It's not just the money, is200 are really rare over here, I'm already thinking of ordering parts from UK, it will be cheaper even with postage. Too bad I'm broke as hell at the moment...

So what your saying is that she was uninsured. Was anyone hurt? AND where is 'here'

No one is hurt thank god. The airbags worked quite well...with the exception that the passengers one broke the windscreen, who though it was a good idea for it to go upwards?

It's not UK, insurence works differently. You have the mandatory one which only covers you if it wasn't your fault, or covers the damage done to someone elses car. You can purchase full cover for the car which would cover, at least partially, cases like this but it was quoted to me as twice the price of the car. with me being as "rich" as I am it wasn't really an option.

It's not just the money, is200 are really rare over here, I'm already thinking of ordering parts from UK, it will be cheaper even with postage. Too bad I'm broke as hell at the moment...

Obviously going off topic a bit here but from what I understand at home you have a majority of '3rd Party' insurance's - fully comprehensive is not very common and as you say very expensive.

I did have to laugh though as I found this below - good job you were in a Lexus & not a BMW, though a Ford or Merc seems to go unnoticed :lol:

The Motor Insurers’ Bureau has created a prototype of an irresponsible car owner. As to the accidents caused in the period from 01.06.2010 till 05.31.2011 and reported to the

MIBL, a most irresponsible car owner might look like this: a 19 - 27 year old man living or working in Riga and driving a grey or black BMW-brand car.

The TOP of the irresponsible car owners was created by selecting data of those uninsured car owners who had driven the car without having a MTPL insurance policy and caused a road traffic accident, and segmenting the data by age, residence, motor vehicle manufacturing year, colour and brand. BMW is leading the TOP; Volvo holds the second position, and Opel brand cars hold the third place, because the owners of cars of the said brands have proportionally most frequently been involved in traffic without having a MTPL insurance policy and caused a traffic accident.

As shown by the results obtained, the most responsible car owners have proportionally been the owners of Ford and Mercedes Benz brand cars (there were considered 10 car brands having the largest number of insured days in the period from 01.06.2010 till 05.31.2011).

Risk of occurrence of a road traffic accident or absence of a MTPL insurance policy is not determined only by the motor vehicle brand but rather by driving skills and habits of the driver as well as by observation or non-observation of traffic regulations; however, it should be noted that car brand, manufacturing year, colour and other technical parameters may serve as significant criteria for MTPL insurers when evaluating a customer.

It is interesting that a part of car owners or driver knowingly participate in the road traffic without having a MTPL insurance policy hoping that the Traffic Police should not stop and inspect them; however, they have forgotten that thanks to a uniform database the Traffic Police officers can check existence of a MTPL policy without stopping the motor vehicle.

Creeper

CAM00096.jpg

Just realised which car this is, You would't recognise it from the car you bought, Excellent job you have done...just awesome.

some real tasty looking cars on here, i havent been on here for a while and stupidly put my car up for sale (spur of the moment thing without thinking) i removed it from sale as i just cant sell it! i love it too much and have invested to much money so im keeping her, i got her standard 3 years ago and i know its not to everyones taste im well happy, 2004 is200 Limited edition :phone:026-7_zpsde8d3e4c.jpg

032-12_zpsc1ce91ca.jpg

some real tasty looking cars on here, i havent been on here for a while and stupidly put my car up for sale (spur of the moment thing without thinking) i removed it from sale as i just cant sell it! i love it too much and have invested to much money so im keeping her, i got her standard 3 years ago and i know its not to everyones taste im well happy, 2004 is200 Limited edition :phone:026-7_zpsde8d3e4c.jpg

032-12_zpsc1ce91ca.jpg

Saw the for sale add elsewhere, Don't blame you for keeping it. Excellent job you have done. Wheels stand out well

DUDE! :D Did you put red tint film over your tail lights? Was thinking of doing the same thing :D

haha im so happy i didnt sell it, its been in th bodyshop nearly all winter with the custom rocket bunny spoiler and i havent used it and was so annoyed just decided to put it up for sale, a few days later i realised it would have been an epic mistake and removed it, really annoyed with myself that i put it up for sale now lol but hey will all do silly things now and then, the lights are 80/20 LED splits from america, costs about £160 shipped, most of the parts on her are from the states, i like the american scene its a bit lairy and on the edge lol