Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Severe Juddering 1000-2000 Revs

Supaaafly

Hi guys, first post here, and could really use some expert advice. As the title says, my car has severe juddering between 1000-2000 revs. Starts no problem. Idle is rough enough to make the door shake when its open. Any gear between the aforementioned revs causes juddering (kangarooing). Power delivery thereafter is better although car still feels rough. Ie judder in steering wheel, overall shaking.

I know very little about the inner working of a car, but I'm sure its engine related. I have no warning lights on. Clutch and flywheel were replaced a couple years ago at Lexus. Suspension is good. Had some coils replaced about a year ago and I'm pretty sure the engine warning light came on for those. Checked the cam belt and it is frayed along the front side. Could this be the cause of the juddering? Any help would be appreciated. Although my car has always been looked after, it is getting a little long in the tooth and I don't want to spend a fortune through trial and error.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

my is200 is the same after 6x new coils 6x new plugs still no diference

it also kangaroos in 1st and 2nd gear and if i go over a bumpy road above 30mph

it feels like the engine and gearbox is going to fall out but all the bushes are fine

what a mystery :driving: .......

Hi, I had a similar issue on my is220d few weeks ago. Was driving on the motorway when the severe juddering started. As you say, when changing gear between that rev range the was severe juddering and overall car was shaking. Took it to garage and they advised its the first fuel injector. He couldn't replace as only lexus can programme the injector via ECU.

My problem was intermittent. It would come and go. Took it to lexus for full diagnostic and they couldn't find any issues. They kept it for a few days. Having been driving it since for 3 weeks and no issues at all!