Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx450H Tyres

dgw1

My RX450H SE-L 2010 came with Bridgestone 235/55/19 101 V - as OEM in the UK.

Yes, I do know they are recommended by Lexus UK for this model !

Experience is good but unhappy with inability to "soak-up" small pot holes / bumps.

Does anybody have experience with Continentals or other brands that might be better ?

Conti Cross Contact UHP looks to have superior tread pattern and technology but is W instead of V. ( Fitted as OEM to BMW X5s. )

Has anybody changed from 19 inch to 18 inch wheels and did ride comfort then improve a lot ?

I had 18" Conti CC UHP fitted to my RX and they were great tyres, although not particulary quiet (not noisy either if you see what I mean)) but the best tyres I have had for quietness have been Michelin, apart from a brief spell on a very expensive marque that wore Avons as standard, but I would not rate the Avons as very grippy tyres.

On balance I would plump for Michelins, funnily enough the Sport 2s were very, very quiet rather than anything designed for grand touring.

That's very surprising. Michelins are longer lasting tyres which would suggest they would be harder and noisier and less comfortable ride. Was that experience with them on your Lexus RX300 ?