Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My First Car, Hope Im Welcome

drummingod

Hi guys, im John from Northants. Ive just become the owner of a Lexus is200 sport, its my first car as ive always had vans since ive passed my test. Reason being is i race dragbikes and do other forms of motorbike racing.

Recently ive just become a father and decided i needed to change priorities, and the van had to go. I didnt want a Mondeo as i wanted a quality car, my brother has always had jap cars, so i decided to go after a car ive been wanting since i passed my test which was a Lexus IS.

So this is what i picked up at the weekend, needs a few minor issues sorted like a new wheel bearing, handbrake adjusted, repaint the bootlid and to do something with the wheels, either refurb them or replace. And need to realy clean out the air filter as its bogging, but other than that, she drives great. Going to order a towbar for it tomorrow aswell so i can tow the bike trailer. Any feedback welcome, im new to these cars so if theres anything i need to know then fire away.

20120922130041.jpg

20120922130034.jpg

And this is my other toy, my 8 second nitrous Suzuki GSXR1100.

20120526112038.jpg

48771241265206902111636.jpg

And im also cheif mechanic for Team E-Lites Kawasaki, BSB National Superstock 600 team (im the shortest one) lol

dsc0024gz.jpg

540152_10151062755574067_679066781_n.jpg

Welcome, this is a great forum. I got my LS a few days ago. Are you into drumming too? If you ever need any drumming stuff let me know. I've got good links in the music tech world. Enjoy your new car!

Stopped drummin a few years back due tonlack of time. Still have a bang about now and again tho. Its just a name that ive been stuck with on forums etc since i was an early teen lol

Fair enough! I've been fortunate to play drums most of my life (from bashing a wooden stool throughout my early teenage years to amazing sophisticated electronic drumkits made by Roland in recent years). You're never to old to start up again! Enjoy the new car.

Welcome, good choice of car it should be as reliable as Jap bikes and you know how good they are. Were you at Silverstone at the weekend? What a superb meeting, BSB rocks!

Welcome, good choice of car it should be as reliable as Jap bikes and you know how good they are. Were you at Silverstone at the weekend? What a superb meeting, BSB rocks!

yes mate we were there. Will be at Brands Hatch aswell nxt weekend

To much on next weekend to go and see the final but I will be glued to the TV I think this has been one of the best years of BSB I can remember. I hope our local boy Mr Bridewell does the business! Maybe catch up with you next season?