Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance For A Ls400

jpjsavage

Hi everyone,

Well, I've made an offer on this LS400 (http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/4235225.htm) and had it accepted. I'm viewing and driving the car tomorrow and, all being well, will look forward to joining the LS400 club!

Just a quick question today: can anyone recommend an insurance company? I'm 43, have full no claims and one speeding conviction (3 points) from 2009.

Cheers,

Jonathan

Hi everyone,

Well, I've made an offer on this LS400 (http://www.pistonhea...les/4235225.htm) and had it accepted. I'm viewing and driving the car tomorrow and, all being well, will look forward to joining the LS400 club!

Just a quick question today: can anyone recommend an insurance company? I'm 43, have full no claims and one speeding conviction (3 points) from 2009.

Cheers,

Jonathan

Ho Jonathon

Try Googling the comparrison web sites.

Good luck with the Test Drive.

Mike

Thanks. Did that but Adrian Flux were most competitive by far. If all goes well tomorrow, I will be joining the owners club tomorrow. Cheers for the advice so far guys!

What did they quote? I think they are also on the club discount list.

Mike

I've got fully comprehensive cover for £371. Will kick in tomorrow subject to the car being as described (no reason to doubt it isn't) and looking forward to a nice drive home from Milton Keynes to Cheshire.

Good luck for tomorrow. Well done on that quote I live in Warrington and they all gave me ridiculous quotes! Its irrelevant now as my Lexie is a taxi now and that insurance REALLY hurts!!

I've got fully comprehensive cover for £371. Will kick in tomorrow subject to the car being as described (no reason to doubt it isn't) and looking forward to a nice drive home from Milton Keynes to Cheshire.

All comes down to postcode. My renewal for my 93 LS last month was £161. The latest 99 car is £246 with Direct Line, both fully comp with NCBP. Also helps being an old git like me!

Hope it goes well, enjoy the ride!

Phil

My WF postcode must be one of the highest then, 40 yrs old, full NCB, clean license, HGV driver = Fully comp @ £670.00 (Ouch!) and I tried all the various comparison websites, that insurance seems very cheap........I'm quite gutted now...........

Thanks. Did that but Adrian Flux were most competitive by far. If all goes well tomorrow, I will be joining the owners club tomorrow. Cheers for the advice so far guys!

Hello Guys.

My insurance was due for renewal this month and as I have been with Adrian Flux for a few years I wanted to stay with them. The cost of renewal with them went up from £450 last year to £600 this year which I consider to be unacceptable. I had a quick look on the comparison websites and found Swinton was the cheapest at £300 with a £600 excess so I rang A. Flux to have a chat, they reduced their price from £600 to £350 with a £100 excess. I am still with A. Flux, I thought that an extra £50 which might save me £500 and the fact it is so much hassle changing company and chasing the proof of NCB was a small price to pay.

I think this year is the first time in 26 years of continuous insurance that my premium has gone down.

Steve

My WF postcode must be one of the highest then, 40 yrs old, full NCB, clean license, HGV driver = Fully comp @ £670.00 (Ouch!) and I tried all the various comparison websites, that insurance seems very cheap........I'm quite gutted now...........

You've got to wait until you turn 50 for cheaper insurance, cos when you get to 50 you become a more responsible driver.....not!

WOW!! Im WF9 postcode, 29 years old, 6years ncb, clean license, fully comp @ £317 - 1996 LS400

I also have a 1993 Toyota MR2, thats modified to around 320bhp also with various suspension mods, fully comp, £330

Unless you have a kirklees postcode?

hi all.

just joined the forum as i am looking to join you in ownership of an older ls 400 or maybe gs300. still looking for the right one as it will be a treat to myself and a second car for weekends etc. main car a ford galaxy for lugging grandchildren about. been reading through the insurance quotes you have been getting and i have also tried swinton, came back at wait for it £4008 :msn-cry: . best quote i can get from all comparison sites is around £800. best price i got was from lv at £753 fully comp including union discount. probably price so high as i would start with no no claims on second car. gs 300 was around £450. never had a claim and i am £58 and been driving since i was 20

Having previously worked for a major insurance company based in Norfolk you know the one. Firstly never except a renewal and secondly always have another named driver, they dont even have to know they are insured on the car, but 2 drivers listed on the insurance reduces the premium.

hi all thought i had replied to this yesterday but cant find it, i am looking to buy a 400 as a treat for myself and have looked around the comparison sites .i am 58 and been driving since i was about 20 never had a claim and have looked at fully comp for an older 400.this would be a second car with minimum mileage( about 3000 per year) and parked on the road. i have maximum no claims and the worst quote i have had is £4008. tried adrian flux £1900 and best i can get anywhere is lv at £750 seems a vast difference. may have to drop to gs300 where quotes are more reasonable at £430

My insurance i originally started for the Ls400 i sold runs out in Nov, swapped her off and replaced with the Ls430 when i got her, had it on a multi car with a 59 punto grande, me as policy holder on Ls and Wife as policy holder on punto, we are both as named drivers on each others policy.

Both have over 10yrs ncd, and the total bill was for £485 including street parking.

Will let you know what i get when it comes to renewal.

i think my problem is that you have other people that can drive and both have no claims bonus. i will be the only driver and all the no claims will be on my galaxy so in theory i am starting afresh as i dont have anybody with no claims where we can go on each others policy

Have u tried SAGA ? I have for 2 years now and of course, I'm 50+ ( a lot ) and they tried to beat me up on premium this last time around but " matched " LV and the premium plummeted.

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links