Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Loads Of Modification Questions

reazm

Hi all,

I'm currently looking to purchase a lexus is220d or 250 - not decided yet all depends on the tuning/modifying options.

I'd like to know

Engine

Remap/Tuning Box options & potentional gains

Panel filter/Induction kit - what is the best option

Custom exhaust - price quotes and decided

Exterior

Lowering - best set up option

Alloy wheel - already decided

Body kits - already decided

Entertainment

Fly Audi OEM Headunit - anyone got any opinions

installing new sound system - how easy is it?

i want it as a everyday/project car

Thanks in advance

Tbh - the lexus is not the best option for a project car (I had the same thoughts as you!). The ECU is locked down tight (which suprised me seeing as Toyota used to be really good about that), so not many mods are possible (or worth while).

Just get an ISF which already packs nearly 420bhp and wont need tuning as everything is there or get a late model IS300 which has a Toyota Supra engine block and Turbo it I think club founder called Monster Matt can help if you want to take this route. if you go for the IS250 you can drop in a panel filter or induction kit and cat back exhaust for the more sporty throaty sound than a huge bhp increase. you might get some increase from those two mods but wont be anything you will feel on the road.

over my budget i think...

Just go for what you want IS250 has just over 200bhp so it wont be a slow car but if you used to evo or STI performance then it will be a step down but its more refined quiet and comfortable than EVO or STI's but then agan those two cars are in a different class to Lexus IS so no need to compare them. if IS250 is well in your budget and you like it go for it and do it up the way you want. more after market parts like bodykits, exhaust etc will have to be ordered from US or Japan though.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links