Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Purchased Is220D Se-L Mm - 2008 Plate - Breaking/gearbox Issues

pal1981

hi,

just bought the car from derby lexus and noticed that as i break with a firm press as the car is just about to stop the breaks on the front make a crunchy / squeeky noise

the breaks seem to be fine otherwise but really peeing me off as only had the car 4 days, is going back to derby lexus tomorrow.

also the gears are not smooth and the clutch is very nosiy when changing gears - is this normal??

cheers

pally

Get the brakes and the clutch checked out, pads may be low.

I had a 220d myself and I can confirm that the gearbox can be a bit 'notchy' between changes. Having adapted my driving style I got on with it just fine.

I assume you took it out on a good long test drive before agreeing to buy. Nothing apparent then?

the break peddle was pulsating but they cleaned the breaks and that went away.

they did a mot and just checked the advisory notes and its says rear offside break disc worn, pitted and scored but not seriously weakend.

the gears change fine but noticed when stationary when i fully press the clutch and then release it thiers a difference in noise it goes quiet when i press the clutch in and the sound comes back as the peddle is released. sounds like a rotating sound??

i am going to request them to change all the break pads and discs for peace of mind as i am not comfartable with the breaks at the moment and stopping distance is to long. also to check the clutch and dmf, i will also get an independat report done from another garage and if my request is not fulfiled i will tell them to take the car back.

cheers mate, had lexus derby come pick the car up today advised was not happy at all and wanted all the break pads and discs changing otherwise they can have the car back...

told him about the clutch noise and gearbox and he said thats normal on these cars and if i was to drive another it would be the same

also told them to clean the egr as mpg is 23avg - lets see what happens they said i will get the car back today but i dont want it until all the work is done and the creaking from the breaks has gone.

hi,

had the car back yesterday with the following work done all paid by lexus.

2 new front brake discs and pads

new near side rear caliper.

full tank of fuel.

the clutch is fine no problems gears shift in and out and no slipping- i used to own a honda civic type r so i was comparing and made myself think that something was wrong when it wasnt.

the sales guy at lexus said your more than welcome to drive another one of our is 220d se to check if thiers any difference in the clucth and gearbox as he said thats how they are.

its only when your shifting from 1st to 2nd you can hear a spinning noise when you press the clutch apart from that its fine through the rest of the gears.

total bill was for £655

excellent service also they gave me a ct 200h 12 plate for a few days no complaints

Good to hear, enjoy the car :) I've not long had a 220d and noticed the noise you've mentioned. done 600miles in it this week and its done over 45mpg with some serious midrange stomp. Proper all day comfort too.