Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

i was thinking about this for my new (to Me) LS430, but after some thought i decided i did not want to spoil the interia lines of the car although the Parrot is very good i don't take that many calls and would use it for streaming music only, so i decided to but a Iphone to tape cassette adapter, £15 quid argos as apposed to £230.00 for the parrot fitted, i managed to hide the wire and just put the iphone/ipod on shuffle and play music through the cars speakers the quality of sound is excellent, happy days.

Mark

sounds like a good cheap idea but is the sound quality up to much.

there are cheaper ones on eBay but they don't get rave reviews, this one is more expensive but the sound quality is equal to streaming, i have a Volvo with blue tooth on the premium sound system and i can tell no difference.

Mark

Hi every body, yes I finally fitted my parrot mki 9200 to my mk4 ls400 yesterday. Yes it did not go without problems but all sorted and working great.

The sound is excellent with handsfree and streaming music, the only downfall with any of these sort of systems is that it will never work trough the sub woofer, the sound quality is so good and the rest of the speakers in the car is of top quality that I hardly notice the difference. I can post detail for all the diy'ers if you are interested, just let me know. :phone:

I can post detail for all the diy'ers if you are interested, just let me know. :phone:

Yes please. Ideally I'd like to patch in a 3.5mm aux socket (this is done commonly on Alfa 166's), but would be interested to hear how you installed this.

• 2 years later...

I've opted for a stereo switch off the bay. It is for a home install rather than a car but should work nicely. You patch a couple of rca cables between the amp and the cd changer and you manually switch between the cd and two aux connections. Looked at the 4 relay mod on lexus club us and am using the stereo switch box instead of the relays. Same principle just easier. I also have a a2dp Bluetooth box which plugs into the aux in. This can be hidden away. I haven't installed yet so will do up an install guide.

• 4 weeks later...

Rob - any update on your install? I am looking to fit a Parrot MKi9200 into my 1995 LS 400 and have been round the houses looking at the best way to install it. I have looked at a Dension kit and KRAM connectors but nothing is 'plug and play' despite the claims of the various companies. If I had a MKIV LS then it would be fine but there does not appear to be anything for the MKIII. I am having a similar problem with my Daimler but that is a story for another time in another place!

I have the wiring diagram for the amp under the driver's seat and I am considering going in that way - although I am not sure if my car has an inbuilt 'mute' wiring as it was never supplied with a factory phone. If I do go that way then I am going to have a harness made up so I don't hack into the factory wiring. If it doesn't work then I can simply plug everything back to where it was and leave my phone at home!

I would be interested to hear how you get on with your install.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I put Parrot MKi9200 to Lexus LS400 (98-2000), with Pioneer Navi system. Works great. Line in signal  - in full operation, Parrot internal amp - on calls only. Subwoofer work well, all balance, fade, eq - work great, as radio or cd changer. I have: CD changer, Radio, USB, SD Card, Ipod, Line in. I have listen "flac"  quality music from externel signal, without any problems.

Skills is needed (open Parrtot, and soldering)  to install parrot in the this car with all functions and  full operated line out.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links