Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

F Sport Ride Height

TomIS

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

it will be the same height. it will only have F sport steering wheel maybe gearknob.

not like in the USA FSPORT

Carbon Fiber Engine Cover
Front-Brake Upgrade
Lowering Springs
Performance Air Intake
Performance Exhaust
Rear-Brake Upgrade
Shift Knob
Shock Absorber Set
Sway Bars
Under Chassis Brace

• 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...

Some people say it is the same ride height, and others say it is lower. Which is the actual statement in reality?

In Europe they used to sell lowering springs as an option. The part was PZ494-C0670-00. Do not know if they were discontinued. 

Specifically, in UK there were no difference apart cosmetic - so all were same height. I think that only makes me to be in the camp who says that they are the same height, but not necessary correct.

Noting that you are NonUK - this may or may not be true in your country, unless you specifically talking about UK car abroad.

10 mm.

From Lexus GB's press info:

SUSPENSION

The Lexus IS has double wishbone front and multilink rear suspension, which deliver ride comfort with excellent handling and dynamic performance. On the IS 250 F-Sport model the suspension is lowered by 10mm, giving a sportier appearance.

1522828985_ScreenShot2020-02-18at18_52_56.thumb.png.edc933e37d2d05e429190540680f20d9.png

21 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Specifically, in UK there were no difference apart cosmetic - so all were same height. I think that only makes me to be in the camp who says that they are the same height, but not necessary correct.

Noting that you are NonUK - this may or may not be true in your country, unless you specifically talking about UK car abroad.

Yes, mine is a UK 220d F Sport, I imported it 3 years ago. The thing is that lexus UK told me that that part number fits my vehicle, and that it was an option in the UK. I cannot actually know if mine is lowered or not. 

16 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

10 mm.

From Lexus GB's press info:

1522828985_ScreenShot2020-02-18at18_52_56.thumb.png.edc933e37d2d05e429190540680f20d9.png

According to this the diesels were the same ride height. However mine is a sept 2010 220d. It is also likely that they were also not lowered. 

7 hours ago, Bondis said:

According to this the diesels were the same ride height. However mine is a sept 2010 220d. It is also likely that they were also not lowered. 

Yes, only the petrol variants had lowered suspension - they have different springs/shocks compared to the other petrol grades. For the diesels they all share the same components across the grades.

On 2/19/2020 at 7:44 PM, ColinBarber said:

Yes, only the petrol variants had lowered suspension - they have different springs/shocks compared to the other petrol grades. For the diesels they all share the same components across the grades.

That was a bad route to go for lexus imo. All F sports should have gotten the same 'treatment'. Do you happen to know the spring rates of the petrol and the diesel? Are they different? I'd like to slightly lower mine, maybe I should go with the OE lexus F sport springs? I was once considering getting the US market springs. HR springs are cheaper though

On 2/21/2020 at 10:27 AM, NemesisUK said:

I'd imagine the spring rates would be different as, generally, diesel engines tend to be heavier than petrol versions.

Yes, however, for the US spec, the F sport springs were the same for the IS350 and the IS250, hence my doubts. I guess in this case my best option will be to get a good set of coilovers with adjustable damping, so my ride quality would not be sacrificed. We have A LOT of potholes here 

The US F Sport components used to just be the European standard ones as their standard is softer than in Europe - that may not be the case anymore though.

I'd go with coilovers, the 10 mm difference on the F Sport is hardly noticeable. Just be careful with coilovers as many are harder than stock even on the softest setting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

The US F Sport components used to just be the European standard ones as their standard is softer than in Europe - that may not be the case anymore though.

I'd go with coilovers, the 10 mm difference on the F Sport is hardly noticeable. Just be careful with coilovers as many are harder than stock even on the softest setting.

Hmm that is good to know. I was looking at Teins, they look nice and can also be in sync with an electronic module to alter the settings on the go. Also, Teins are Japanese - which is something I tend to look for 

9 minutes ago, Bondis said:

Hmm that is good to know. I was looking at Teins, they look nice and can also be in sync with an electronic module to alter the settings on the go. Also, Teins are Japanese - which is something I tend to look for 

Tein and HKS are both excellent - but they both have different models to suit different use cases. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links