• Join Gold & Save!
      Join Gold & Save!
    • Save Up To 15% On Your Lexus Insurance!
      Save Up To 15% On Your Lexus Insurance!
    • Get Your Club Gear
      Get Your Club Gear
    • Exclusive 24Hr Test Drive
      Exclusive 24Hr Test Drive
    • 1000's of Lexus For Sale
      1000's of Lexus For Sale
    • Massive Choice on Lexus Parts
      Massive Choice on Lexus Parts

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

jlj999

Remapping Ecu

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I've just experienced the VSC /engine warning light on the car (GS300, 2005); After reading several posts and filling up with fuel the lights are off. Fault codes P0138 and P0158 (oxygen sensors were present). there looks to be differing stories about fuel caps, changing oxygen sensors and ECU's etc..all expensive and frightening - can the same be achieved by remapping the existing ECU?

Thoughts weclomed

I'm not aware of any Lexus ECU being reprogrammable, other than writing what the factory setup is. I'm think they have to be piggy backed or replaced with standalone ECU's.

Tightening the fuel cap is a free fix!

Replacing it will cost a lot lot less than letting Lexus dealerships swap out a perfectly good ECU and O2 sensors.

Ever since my one-time scare, I've not seen return of it since - so don't fret yourself into an early grave until you've seen to the above options first.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By James Trendall
      Hey guys,
      So after a long time away working on my RX8 i've come back to my Lexus IS200 daily. I'm currently looking for a complete ECU diagram for each wire.
      I'm looking for, 
      12v ignition wire,
      RPM signal wire,
      Crank shaft sensor wire
      Ground (Most likely use a bolt in the engine bay for this.)
      I've searched online all day with nothing but gibberish coming up and dead links.
      I've found countless IS300 diagrams which seem to be different. I've tested and failed.
      Has anyone got a list for the 4 plugs on the top of the ECU? It would be very handy.
      thanks
      James

EDIT: After sifting through tons of pictures i think i have a part list of what i need.
      Working from front to back of the car i have,
      A-B-D-E plugs.
      12v power seems to be from Plug A Pin 1
      RPM seems to be from Plug A Pin 12
      Crank Angle Sensor seems to be from Plug E pin 23
      Ground most likely to the chassis.
      Can anyone confirm if i'm anywhere close to the correct pins/plugs? This is all i can workout looking at random diagrams online which seem to be part complete or taken from SXE10 engines which are 100% different apart from the power.
    • By Kat83
      Hi. I have a Lexus RX300 2006. Today the ABS VSC and parking break lights all came on whilst I was in stationary traffic. The parking break was off. Ive looked through the threads on here and cant find any where all 3 lights come on together. Any ideas? 
    • By Harpreet
      Hello all
      So yesterday I got this check VSC light on with engine management and yellow skidding sign in the Dash. This was right after getting into the car after an hour of parked up at the gym. so engine was half warm i would say.
      No issue with the performance though. Still need to check the fuel cap and see if it has any effect on it.
      Also booked in with Aberdeen Lexus as I have extended warranty till end f this year.

Any possible reason for this dreaded light to be on?
    • By LBrown337
      Newbie and Know Nothingbie......any help greatly appreciated.
      My check engine light has appeared for the very first time since I owned the car (6 years and 40,000 miles) so I'm unsure if I need to take it to an official dealer or a regular mechanic to diagnose the fault.
      The car appears to run ok for the very journey I did to get it home.
    • By GS430SE2
      Fault: "VSC" (Vehicle Stability Control) and "VSC off" warning lights stay on

Car: 2nd Gen Lexus GS430 (UK - right-hand drive vehicle) - 2004 model

How did the fault arise?
      Car ran out of fuel just short of a petrol station. I put it in neutral and manually pushed it, just a bit. After filling up and switching on, the warning lights came on, and ever since then, these warning lights have stayed on. They were never there prior to this pushing - 100% certain.

What have I tried to do since?
      In the central console (between the front seats) there is a button to switch VSC off. That has no effect at all.
      I have tried disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes. Each time on reconnection, the warning lights come back on almost immediately.
      I have looked for the OBD-II connector, because I read that shorting out pins 4 and 14 of this connector might clear the fault. This connector is supposed to be near the boot-release (trunk-release), but I cannot find it. I have peered underneath and looked for any panel, and used Google Images, to no avail.

HELP!