AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

jlj999

Remapping Ecu

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I've just experienced the VSC /engine warning light on the car (GS300, 2005); After reading several posts and filling up with fuel the lights are off. Fault codes P0138 and P0158 (oxygen sensors were present). there looks to be differing stories about fuel caps, changing oxygen sensors and ECU's etc..all expensive and frightening - can the same be achieved by remapping the existing ECU?

Thoughts weclomed

I'm not aware of any Lexus ECU being reprogrammable, other than writing what the factory setup is. I'm think they have to be piggy backed or replaced with standalone ECU's.

Tightening the fuel cap is a free fix!

Replacing it will cost a lot lot less than letting Lexus dealerships swap out a perfectly good ECU and O2 sensors.

Ever since my one-time scare, I've not seen return of it since - so don't fret yourself into an early grave until you've seen to the above options first.