Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Renewing Car Insurance - Tips To Reduce Premium?

japthree

I haven't change any of my details - now if I renew with the same insurer and they give me a quote in their "it's soon time to renew" letter should I phone them up and ask them to redo the quote or do it myself online? Usually the quote is just the same as last year so do I challenge them to knock off £100 or I'm going elsewhere or do a few comparison searches of my own (e.g. Confused.com) and then ask them to beat the lowest and "I'll stay with you"?

Defiantly shop around, I use the comparison sites to find the cheapest insurer, but never buy through them. Once I have found the cheapest one I go directly to there own web site, and normally its cheaper.

I don’t know if you use a cash back site, I use “top cashback”

So this year my insurance was cheaper with AXA and got £38 back just by buying the same insurance through the cashback site.

I would even get a new quote on line from the same insurer you are with now, you might even find that will be cheaper.