Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Other Wheels Fit A 2001 Is200 No Problems

jamesey

hi my wheels are shot on my is200 , its a 2001 y reg and im thinking of just buying some 2nd hand alloys , what other types will fit with no problems , mine are running 225 45 17s , do many toyota wheels fit , do i need any spiggots ect , cheers.

sorry if its been mentioned before.

They need to be 5 stud, PCD 114.3, Offset 35-45 Bore 60.1.

Some Nissan ( Skyline for example) Mazda (RX8 for example)Mitsubishi (EVO9) later Toyota Supra models

Plenty of options but some will need spigot rings.

Look on the link below search manufacturers looking for the above specifications.

http://www.carlsalte...l_fitments.html

Just remember if buying 2nd hand to make sure the wheels are in good order with no repairs and are straight and true.

You could also consider having your existing wheels refurbished which would probably work out less than buying replacements.

• 4 months later...

I have recently tried fitting R32 GTR wheels to my lexus but to no avail, as far as i can tell they just doint quite align correctly on the hub, 1/2mm gap on one or two of the wheel spoke points. Are you able to shed any light on this as it would save me a lot of hastle if they are able to fit. Thanks guys.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm completely confused by all of this. I am looking at some 17" alloys to replace my standard 5 spokes. The are 7jx17, 5x114.3, but have an et of 52.5. I don't know really know what the effect of this will be?. I just want to know if these will be to big and will they affect how the car handles? The standard 17" wheels depending on what you read ranges from 38-45 or 50.

Also what else do I need to know? Some have mentioned the bore size and that the wheel nuts are different. What should I be looking out for and other questions I should be asking.

Thanks

Standard alloys are et50, so there's not a huge difference.

Being a higher offset though, they will sit slightly further inside the wheel wells and be closer to the brakes and suspension, so there might be clearance issues. Ideally, you ought to test fit them before buying.

I have seen a set of wheels and the size is 7jx17 5x114.3 et 52.5 and bore size 67.1.

John mentioned above that due to the et the wheels will be slightly further inside the wheel wells which may cause clearance issues. Could I use spacers to resolve this?

The bore size I believe is bigger what does this mean and what problems could this cause and how could I solve this?

I am not expert on these things so any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Yep, if there's any clearance issues you could fit spacers to bring the wheels out away from the suspension.

Regarding the bore size, since it's larger than stock (60.1) that's not a problem. A set of spigot rings (like http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-X-67-1-60-1-ALLOY-WHEEL-LOCATING-HUB-SPIGOT-RINGS-FIT-LEXUS-IS350-200-300-/200908600976?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyres_Trim_Nuts_ET&hash=item2ec715f690'>These) would resolve that.

John, many thanks for your advice and the link for the spigot rings.

The et 50 is that the maximum as I'm not sure what size spacer to use. I've seen on eBay 3mm & 5mm. If I understood this correctly the wheels I am looking at are 52.5 which you mentioned would bring them further inside the wheel well, by adding a 3mm spacer this would take the wheel out of the wheel well and bring the et to 49.5?

That's right. Your example there is spot-on. Adding a spacer will effectively reduce the offset of the wheel.

The et50 isn't the maximum btw. Some pretty big spacers can be used with a 7J wheel. For example, this car below has 15mm spacers on the front and 20mm on the rear.

IMG_0419.jpg

Anything wider than 5mm though and you'll be running out of thread for your wheel nuts, so longer studs will be required. Its also worth mentioning that cheap generic spacers might cause vibrations in your steering, so ideally you want hubcentric ones.

They are quite expensive though (around £50 a pair), so these particular wheels you're interested in might end up costing you a fortune in the end. It might be worth forgetting them and pursuing a different set of wheels (that won't need spacers). Depends what you want, really.

With that being said, a small 3mm spacer might be fine and not cause you any grief. :)

• Like 1

Many thanks. I was clueless about these things, so really appreciate your advice.

I've decided not to go for those wheels and bought a set of grey 11 spoke alloys like the ones in the picture. For someone like me staying with standard wheels is a safer option rather than trying to make something fit.