Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Accelerator On An Auto

Hi all.

This is a question for the Auto owners mainly, but may also apply to manual drivers. I've noticed that my Accelerator pedal is quite snappy. In that I mean that it only needs a little pressure to give quite a pace of acceleration from a standing start. This makes it difficult to pull off smoothly without being really gentle on the accelerator.

In snow mode I find it too lazy, but it's almost as if the normal mode could do with being just a little bit more lazy. I'm finding that I have to tow the caravan with it in snow mode for better control.

It's nothing like that, as it sits at correct revs when warm and cold and the accelerator cable is all good and adjusted. It only goes for it when you actually touch the accelerator. When ticking over it just has the standard creep.

Yeah, I too find that the throttle is a little snappy when pulling away from low speeds and you do have to work really hard to drive smoothly so it is the same with manuals. It was a similar situation on my VW van so when I had the ECU reprogrammed I also had them adjust the sensitivity of the throttle pedal so that when the pedal was 50% through its travel it is only asking for 25% power. Sadly this isn't an option on the IS

Must be normal then. I've found most of my toyota cars to have snappy accelerators, but it's less of a problem on a manual as you've got more control with the clutch. Coming to think of it, my GS300 was similar.

Yes I find the same thing too. After driving a focus auto for 2 years i also found the accelerator on my IS200 very snappy and its one thing I dont like about the car, I find im using the snow mode in slow moving traffic and also driving out of my neighborhood, although ive got more used to it now, just takes a little more careful foot control. Im putting it down to my focus being fly by wire but not sure of the IS200's setup....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links