Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Interior Led's

Hi Steve

I'm new to the site and also looking to buy an ISF next year, love your new car btw.

The side mirror is dead easy to take apart, exactly the same on my wife's Jazz.

Not sure if you've seen this or not, may give you an idea?

http://www.clublexus...986-post43.html

Hi Alan, Thanks for the link it does look easy, I'll change them this weekend. Good luck on your ISF purchase it took me a few months to find my ideal one.

• 1 year later...

Hi Peter, you can buy a kit for just the interior on eBay like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-IS250-LED-INTERIOR-KIT-INTERIOR-LIGHTS-BULBS-LED-KIT-/260863230811?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cbca9035b

I thought this was a little expensive and wondered how good they would be. As there are so many different types of LED bulbs and festoons available I shopped around and bought a load off one eBay seller, then you can choose things like a group of 5 LED for a 501 bulb (where as the kit could be just one LED on the 501 so won't be very bright). I also did the wing mirrors and side lights but I used more expensive Philips LED's for these as I want them to last a long time as they are more difficult to fit.

If you need any help drop me a PM

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update to say I've bought a complete set from the US. :)

Will be bringing them back in late March/early April when I'm in LA next.

Went for the full works including boot lights and LED reverse lights as well as the interior ones.

Think they should look pretty awesome once fitted. :)

May still need to pick your brains though Gareth if I come unstuck installing them! ;)

Cheers.

Peter :)

The mirror puddle lights don't look too difficult to do fella. The link above should help.

Side lights shouldn't be too bad either.

I'll let you know how I get on chap. Think it's just a case of being patient and taking it slow.

Cheers.

Peter :)

Was the kit expensive if you don't mind me asking? I couldn't bring myself to buy a kit as I knew the price of each piece was pennies.

Everything you need for installation is below in this video, including wing mirrors. Very easy to do. The video shows a sunglasses holder, I think this is not possible to be fitted to euro cars but the panel still drops down in the same way. You don't need all those tools either, I just used a thin screwdriver carefully and cased no damage. The wing mirror was the most fiddly but not difficult.

I've lost the charger for my camera, when I get a new one I'll throw up some photo's. LED sidelights too

• Like 1

Hey Gareth,

I actually bought the kit from Precision (guys who did that video!). It's about £115 for the whole lot, but these are the best quality on the market. I appreciate what you're saying about the manufacturing costs being peanuts, but you do get what you pay for in my opinion.

Lots of eBay specials are inferior in terms of construction and build quality. Precision also offer a good warranty should you be unlucky enough to get a defective unit.

The cost includes the fitting tools shown in the video, so the less careful DIY'ers don't damage their trim.

Knowin my luck I would bust the mirror glass lol! Maybe I can tempt you with a pint and some lunch to do mine lol

I'm sure we can sort something out chap. ;)

Top man!!! Did you got for the Philips LED's?

As above chap. Went for the complete kit from Precision. :)

Phillips are good though. Used them in the past to good effect. :)

• Like 1

Maybe hold off until you can see mine fella? I'm in the States a few times per year, so could in theory bring you back a set? Worth considering.

I'm pretty sure it will be a nice addition that makes things look bang up to date (most of the new BMW's, Merc's, Audi's have full LED lighting installed).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links