Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Coolest Aftermarket Interior Mod/gadget For Your Gs?

Hi,
I have a GS300 SE-L 2006 and overall all GS cars have plenty of quality features as standard equipment.

But I wanted to ask, what is the coolest (your own subjective opinion) or most useful mod or gadget you have added inside your Lexus GS? or that you have seen or that you don't have or would like to add?

Could be anything from a small but usefull mod to a fancy music visualizer display to nitro control and gauges etc... even a super cool gear knob smile.png

Only talking about interior mods, no exterior mods this time.

Thanks!!!

Edit: ouch, spelling bugs in the thread title... I don't think I can edit the title, sorry smile.png

"done for you"

Edited by IanS200

Only thing added to my car interior is DVD/ games console headrests with wireless headphones n controllers.....blessing with two young kids..no noise from them on journeys ( just need something to shut the mrs up) lol

Exterior..... Personal plate

Nothing else needed.....it's a Lexus nuff said

Exactly what I thought, so far it feels like this car has everything :)

The only thing I would like is an updated software feature where the touch screen shows some cool sound visualisation possibly with touch-editable EQ curve :)

Exactly what I thought, so far it feels like this car has everything :)

The only thing I would like is an updated software feature where the touch screen shows some cool sound visualisation possibly with touch-editable EQ curve :)

But what would adding that achieve except an additional source of distraction.

I know it can be seen as a distraction, and a part the EQ which has a purpose, the visualization is not 'useful' but with such a big touch screen it feels a bit underused when nothing moves on it for long time during a long drive:)

Nah, the thing with me is that I really enjoy driving and I enjoy having music while driving as a 'mood/soundtrack to the driving'. For example when playing tracks from the movie Drive (2011) or tracks inspired but that movie the static screen is just fine. But when listening to something like Tron Legacy/Tron Reconfigured remixes etc... where the whole mood/atmosphere is more high-tech-eletronic then some useless but cool looking high tech visualization would help making the driving more enjoyable. It would complement the standard sleek and beautiful lighting of the GS dashboard.

Probably hard to explain as am I be a bit unique in the way I enjoy driving, and it doesn't distract me, thankfully always been very precise and focused when driving for the past 23 years. If anything it's the combination of these elements that adds to the experience of driving and channelling you to be fully concentrated on driving. The audio visual environment inside your car supporting your driving so you don't get distracted by other things.

Wow when I read what I just typed up I can see it may sound a bit too deep :)

• 3 weeks later...

I have had mine for about 9 months now and the only thing i have added is a 8gb ipod nano in the glove box, Iphone charger and mount so i can use it as a dashcam. I really would love to be able to use the integrated head unit to properly control the ipod as the current interface is a bit poor. Other than that nowt really.

• Like 1

I've had my Mk2 GS300 for just over a year now, and I've since put these features:

• 7" DVD pioneer headunit with bluetooth handsfree.
  • 2x 9" Rear headrest monitors.
  • Reverse camera.
  • 10" Vibe subwoofer with built in amp.

Apart from the headrest monitors, that is exactly what I had done to my mk2 GS300 Sport. If I could find a cheap AC control panel and Satnav bypass cable, that is what I would do again in my mk2 GS430 Sport.

• 8 months later...

ZX Spectrum - How did you add the iPod Nano? :)

Thanks in advance!

Darryl.

My car has the ML Audio and the previous owner had the official lexus ipod cable fitted. Stupid thing with the fitting kit is that its very short and goes to the glovebox. So I just got one of the older gen3 nanos and stuck a load of music on it, created 5 playlists (VERY IMPORTANT) and away you go. The way to access it by the screen is to press the disk button so it shows the round disk icons then each button 1,2,3 etc will correspond to a playlist.

ZX Spectrum - How did you add the iPod Nano? :)

Thanks in advance!

Darryl.

My car has the ML Audio and the previous owner had the official lexus ipod cable fitted. Stupid thing with the fitting kit is that its very short and goes to the glovebox. So I just got one of the older gen3 nanos and stuck a load of music on it, created 5 playlists (VERY IMPORTANT) and away you go. The way to access it by the screen is to press the disk button so it shows the round disk icons then each button 1,2,3 etc will correspond to a playlist.

That's great ZX, I just wondered. And thanks for the swift response!

I've got an ML in my GS450h. It's the SE-L, and I was wondering how to play MP3's and the likes.

What would be nice, if possible is having the ability to use the phone, Sat Nav and DVD whilst in motion.

I'm pretty sure it's possible.

I'm also a huge fan of non-moving storage media. You know, SD cards, USB keys, etc. as opposed to the mechanical type CD/DVD et al.

There's a longevity in the static media you don't get with anything that has moving parts!

Thanks again!

A later disc 2009? will allow you to input address on the move but only speed dials are allowed on the phone. I had a Lexus I pod kit fitted to mine and gotta say I am very pleased with it.

• 10 months later...

A later disc 2009? will allow you to input address on the move but only speed dials are allowed on the phone. I had a Lexus I pod kit fitted to mine and gotta say I am very pleased with it.

I wonder is that the case - most recent NAV CD sorts you for the adress input on the go ? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...