Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Headlights Are Stuck On!

SR1405

As the title says my headlights are stuck on and I have to remove the relay to turn them off. A local garage told me this was down to a faulty stalk so I changed it but still they're stuck on. Could anyone suggest anything else it might be? The fog lights won't turn on either if that helps?

thanks

Scott

:)

I thought about that but at £80 a pop I'd rather go through the cheaper options first...would that relay affect my fog lights as well?

Do you have the part number for the relay as I probably have one knocking about?

Has the windscreen been changed? I'm betting water has got through.

I'm thinking the same. Also, if there has been any mods and the rubber grommet has been breached without sealing causes the same issue too.

Some people have been successful in their diagnosis by drying all around the area of the fuseboxes with a hairdryer (it takes some time as the front obviously gets nice and warm and dry but its really the rear you need to be dry). The wires look dry but it needss to penetrate the connectors. Take the door cover off in the drivers footwell and dry thoroughly.

If this is correct, hopefully you can trace up and see where the penetration is.

Why am I getting personal mail on this topic? I did not start it and the headlight problem is not mine. Although I have contributed to the thread and to many others on the forum I have not had PM's before. As far as I am aware I have not altered anything in my settings. The message at the bottom of the email tells me to go to the control panel to unsubscribe/change settings but I can not see where the control panel is. Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Why am I getting personal mail on this topic? I did not start it and the headlight problem is not mine. Although I have contributed to the thread and to many others on the forum I have not had PM's before. As far as I am aware I have not altered anything in my settings. The message at the bottom of the email tells me to go to the control panel to unsubscribe/change settings but I can not see where the control panel is. Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

To remove this feature click on your username near the top of the page on the right, this will produce a drop down box.Click on "Personal messenger".This will open your message panel. Scroll down and on the left you will see "Disable Messenger" Click this and it will be removed.

I don't know how the feature originally appears but always thought messenger on was the default setting, did you click the "Follow Topic" option as this may have opened up the messenger to allow new posts on your topic to be received by you.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just fitted the anti theft ecu on Scott's car (SR1405) and its cured the problem :)

how much was the ecu and were is it located?

Scott managed to buy the ecu for £10 and its to the right side of the steering column near the back of the dash

• 2 years later...

Thank you for all the info on this board. I joined just to post my experience with this problem.

The first I knew of the problem was whining noise coming from the light blue relay that controls the lights, it was pretty loud. Needless to say I could not turn off my lights!!

Anyway, my experience is there were no problems with water ingress anywhere, i checked the relay (some good videos on youtube show you how to do this). So my last resort was changing anti theft ecu. I got one from eBay for £10. 45 minute job to change ecu. It is the black box with a small and large white plug set back in the electronics under steering wheel. The only tricky bit was undoing bolt holding unit on. You will need socket set and extension.

Anyway new ECU fitted and problem solved, phew.

I did take old one to bits and good not see any blown electronics, however it did weirdly smell of ralgex/disinfectant which might be symptom of a problem.

BTW still original windscreen. My lexus is 14 years old and apart from fitting a new stereo, nothing else has ever gone wrong with this car, still runs like a dream, amazing.

Hope that helps

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links