Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Engine More Problems!

Prash

I had a new engine put in by Lexus at 70k in July and since then have done 6000 miles in my 2006, 220d. Recently, looking in my rear view mirror I noticed smoke which was very visible in the headlights of the car behind me. I then checked my oil level and found that it needed to be topped up by 750 ml. I had a new engine because the head gasket went, it was spraying coolant and also consuming oil. At the time when the engine was replaced EGR was cleaned along with the DPF. The engine is still under warranty till July 2013. I phoned Lexus and was told that this was not normal. I was asked to top it up and monitor it. Is anyone out there who has had a new engine experiencing similar issues?

• 6 months later...

Hi Prash,

I know it is quite a while after your post without any replies, but I have just bought a 220d with a new engine and so far done approx. 1500 miles. I am very pleased with the engine, the power and complete lack of smoke even giving it a big bootfull now and again.

I have just topped up the oil level by about half a litre but I would expect that with a new engine.

How is your engine now, has it settled down or are you still having problems?

Thanks for your reply. I have done 13000 miles since last July. It has settled down, it is very smooth and quieter. Totally different characteristics to the old engine, more power, and I can also use the 6th gear at 70 mph. I did have to top up the oil a few weeks after the new engine was installed, since then it has not consumed any oil. It's seven years old and still drives like new! Really enjoy driving it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links