Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2-3Mm Play In Drivers Side Rear Wheel

lexusbingo

hi all. having recently purchased my lexus is 200. i have recently discovered some nasty noises that i can easily do without. i removed the back wheels to check the brake calipers. whilst refitting the wheels ive noticed approximately 2-3mm play on one of the wheels. could this be the bearings? im also gettin a slight whistling sound coming from the drivers side whilst the window is open. Although i cant here it with the windows shut i fear im getting the wrong attention to my ride. Also the front brakes make a scraping sound. pads are fairly new but the discs have lips on the outer edge.if i replace discs will that stop?

sorry to ask so much of you all but any help guys?

Ditto Steve for elliminating the wheel bearing from the equation.

The scraping can be a few things. One thing you can check which doesn't need the wheels off, is to check that the brake backing plates are not bent out of shape or rusted to the point they are nearly falling off. You can do it with your fingers/hands through the spokes of the wheels.