Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

and it all works fine..well chuffed. i can finaly see my dash..lol

thanks for the parts bud

very much appreciated:)

Well done for doing it yourself. When mine needed doing I took the instrument cluster out but lost my nerve so I let a friend do the soldering. It was a great feeling to get in the car the next morning when the temperature was minus 4 and see the dash light up!

i have the blinky dash on my 99 reg.only every now and then so interested in how you fixed yours.

The 1999 dash is a different beast so there is no known fix so far as I know and I haven't got a faulty one to play with and diagnose but given the reliability of Electrolytic capacitors I would be looking for domed or leaky ones in the CCFL circuitry.

• 2 years later...

I had my 'blinky dash' repaired by a guy in Farnborough (GU14 post code) about a month ago.

I drove my car to his house and he repaired it while I waited-it took about an hour do do and he done a perfect job.

He has repaired dozens in the past so knows exactly what hes doing and charged me £65 for the job including removing and refitting the cluster. He can also do repairs on the blacked out temperature lcd panels.

For me it was about a 90 mile trip but well worth it to get the job done properly-I think he will also repair them via the mail if you take the unit out and send it to him.

He is on this forum & his email is chrisvince@btopenworld.com

Andy

Hope this wasn't Inchcape Retail, Farnborough on Elles Road. They're worse than Lexus Hull. Not only are they cowboys, they're crooked cowboys. The botch job they did to my car has had to have endless repairs to the botched repairs they did, including things they shouldn't have been touching whatsoever. Complete low life.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links