Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ok. i think its about time i sorted my blinky dash out as being that time of year when in driving in the dark more that the light my dash issues are starting to wind me up..lol

ive researched for hours on this issue and kinda understand whats wrong..

now,ive tried looking for a replacement set of clocks for my 93 but cant find any anywhere:(

found a set from a 89-92 but not sure if hey will fit and that set has a neon out so looking to replace the 3 caps on the dash myself as my radio and heater panel lights only work when they want to as well.lol..

theres a guy selling a kit with destructions on fleabay at mo,ive messaged asking if his kit supplys all 3 capacitors inc destructions on how to do the job but still awaiting reply ..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-LS400-Dash-illumination-lights-repair-fix-clocks-power-to-dash-delay-cold-/290813181222?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43b5d0fd26

I had my 'blinky dash' repaired by a guy in Farnborough (GU14 post code) about a month ago.

I drove my car to his house and he repaired it while I waited-it took about an hour do do and he done a perfect job.

He has repaired dozens in the past so knows exactly what hes doing and charged me £65 for the job including removing and refitting the cluster. He can also do repairs on the blacked out temperature lcd panels.

For me it was about a 90 mile trip but well worth it to get the job done properly-I think he will also repair them via the mail if you take the unit out and send it to him.

He is on this forum & his email is chrisvince@btopenworld.com

Andy

Hi. Thnks. Erm. Dont suppose you remember which caps you used to replace the knackered ones do you??

I heard theres 3 caps that can go wrong over time and as my radio lights and heater panel suffer the same issue it would make sense to replace them aswell??

Ive spent a few more hours today trying to find the right caps to fit to my dash but not having much luck:(

Does anyone know if the other 2 caps on the rear of the clocks that supply power to the radio and heater panel lights are all the same as the cap for the dash???

I also replaced the caps. in my dash, a few years ago with info from the USA LOC.

As above cost pence, but a bit fiddly to do.

If you don't fancy it Chris Vince is the man

Also whilst im here does the 93 ls4 have dash bulbs fitted as was looking to upgrade all my interior lights to green leds but cant find any info on the dash bulbs??

You need 509T type bulbs have a search on Fleabay, ssen some green standard ones.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8-x-GREEN-509T-DASHBOARD-SPEEDO-DASH-BULBS-UK-SELLER-/230364981119?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35a2d2a77f&_uhb=1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steve sorry to jump in on this thread.

Do you happen to know if the celsior radio you mentioned to me before will pick up UK radio or is the frequency set up different?

Cheers Pete.

Yes sent them last week,should have been with you by now. Small white padded envelope.

then no mate. i've not received them :(

hopefully they'll turn up tomorrow or monday

thanks for letting me know

Yes sent them last week,should have been with you by now. Small white padded envelope.

If not let me know and I'll resend,

Hi Steve sorry to jump in on this thread.

Do you happen to know if the celsior radio you mentioned to me before will pick up UK radio or is the frequency set up different?

Cheers Pete.

Hi Pete,

The radio I think runs from 74 to 90 Mhz where the UK Band 2 FM is 88-108 Mhz but I do have the dual shft convertor also which moves the frequencies either 10 or 18 Mhz (switchable) so it will cover the whole UK band.

The backlight control circuit is also different so they don't suffer the same dry jointed resistors as the UK specification units.

If not let me know and I'll resend,

hi.. nope nothing in the post..ill pm you my addy again just in case:)

Hi. Dash repair kit arrived this morning.

Many many thanks..

Dash out of car and replacement caps fitted..

Wasnt as bad a job as i was expecting..

Will re-fit in s bit and see what happens..

Again many thankd.... Your a star...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links