Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200/300 Sport Lsd

noby76

engine in the Mondeo ST220 is a bored out 2.5 Duratec V6 which was in the Cougars . so essentailly the same engine in Noble M400 just been bored thats all.. originally designed by Porsche so no am not wrong a bored out engine is essentially the same engine with same block but bigger bores.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes becsause its sucking in as much air and cramming in as much like a 220bhp supercharged engine. how air or volume gets into an engine is not important. like i said in a previous thread the most important factor is the volume of air contained in a cylinder and if an NA engine is able to suck in and compress the same volume as a forced induction one that NA engine will make the same kilowatt of power as the forced induction. dont tell anyone matt but secret of making power is amount of volume or air contained in the cylinders.. how that volume is initially presented into the engine/cylinder be it forced in or sucked in is not important.

Ladies, seriously... what is it with recent threads on the IS200/IS300 subforum being spammed beyond comprehension?? It started with the other thread on VVT-i systems, and then the one on winter tyres, and now this one too??

Sorry for the rant, but this thread beggars belief. It began with a simple question on how an LSD works, and we had a healthy and positive discussion on that topic, up to page 2. Since then, we have covered everything from V5 Documents, insurance companies, grannies driving Lambo Gallardo, to Ford duratec engines (seriously?), superchargers (again?) and even Noble M400s?!

I tried bringing it back on topic with a genuine question on understanding the aging properties of a Torsen LSD (page 4), and only KentIS300 bothered to reciprocate (thanks mate :))... others were only too willing to force the lack of a IS300 "Sport" model down Noby's throat?

Not trying to paint a stereotype here, but aren't Lexus owners supposed to be more respectful and gentleman-like, or at least that much more level-headed than other comparable prestige marques? To be honest, this was the vibe that I received when I first joined this forum. Now, it has become more of a battleground of wits and ego? :tomato:

Ah. I see. So a 1.4L engine that makes the same power as a forced-induction 1L engine, must be supercharged right? I get it!

(ROFL!)

physically no because the 1.4L does not have a device bolted to the side of the engine but technically yes because its cylinders are charging the same volume held in the 1L supercharged engine so regarless of how both engines are labelled they will crank out equal power.

like i said how it gets in is not that important concentrate on whats contained in there thats where you get your power from.

Sorry LexIS200Sport i guess we can go back to LSD's again

lol

The whole problem and principle of this arguement... is determining reality posts and ... wanna be posts.

Putting something we would like our car to be ...at some point of its life... or even in fantasy, does not make it reality for new owners that seek honest answers about their cars.

I think this is how the debate has started, just an arguement amongst reality and fantasy. :) :)

KentIs300 this is not a fantasy buddy this is real... bring me a car that has 'SPORT' officially on its V5 doc which is 'Supercharged' making 220bhp weighing 1500kg with a tiptronic box and i will show you lot my NA IS300 without 'SPORT' printed on the V5 or 'Supercharged' labelled to it will handle as good round a corner and be as fast on the straights as the labelled 'Supercharged' 'Sport' car in a one on one race round a track even with that car having a 10bhp advantage over me. I think you guys might need to go figure out why this is the case...

Comedy genius! I love it - LOL!

BTW, when was the last time you were on a racetrack, knobby? Just asking...

Have you got the 220bhp "Sport Supercharged" car I am looking to challenge?? if you have one then finding a racetrack is no problem. there is one near befordshire

i deny matt i haven't driven on a racetrack but will that prevent me from keeping up with a 220bhp Sport Supercharged car of equal power to weight ratio and transmission to my IS300 Sport?? i doubt it unless my opponent also knows his way round that specific track both of us will be bedfordshire track virgins. if that answers your question..

• 2 weeks later...

Torsen LSD will, as stated before, run rear wheels on opposite ways when car is lifted and wheels turned by hand.

Torsen is good by being virtually bulletproof but on slippery conditions (snow, icetrack) it will not perform like a cluch-type LSD. Torsen needs some traction to "fight back" to be effective.

Thats why I installed Supra MKIII LSD tunit into mine. It´s bolt-on swap (you can swap only LSD unit, not the whole pumpkin). Supra has cluch-type LSD and of course turning one wheel when car is lifted, the other turns the same way. Cluch type diff is better when you are practicing your high-speed drifts on snowy streets during the night. Car is easily controllable with your right foot.

And for those who have open diff, go with MKIII´s. They are cheap as dirt and readily available.

Oh, almost forgot - MKIII diffs go for IS300 diff housing only.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links