Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Headlight Washers

Wesley86

Ok need help my v reg is200 headlight washers not working when I press the switch I get nothing no motor noise nothing there free moving as I can pull them out i can't seem to find a designated fuse to them is there a relay or is it the switch gone any help be appreciated ps I am pressing switch with lights on and the windscreen washers work and I've filled it with fluid

Have you tried with lights on ... and pull the windscreen washer once... that should wash the lights as well for the first pull. It does not do it again until the car is switched off and on again.

If that works ... I would think the switch it self has a problem...

if it does not work either was ... then maybe a fuse?

Ok cheers its a bit confusing doesn't really explain what 1 does what

Will have a look a bit later today after I am back from work, and see if I can make sense from the fuse boxes... pull some fuses out and see what is not working lol

Ok i have 2 possible fixes of you to try.

1, pull both headlights washers in and out a few times, this helps if you have an air block!

2, try the switch in the dash itself, may have come un-clipped some how!?

I believe it's the same motor just runs in reverse to pump to the headlights, so with that in mind you hear the pump when you wash the front screen but nothing when you push the headlight washer switch, so sounds like the switch is dead/ not connected or the wires come off or broke somewhere along its path to the pump/motor.

I had a similar problem with our Celica. It uses the same pump for headlights and screen. Headlamp washers didn't work but the screen wash did.

Bought a second hand pump for a couple of quid to try and it was the pump that was at fault.

As mentioned by someone above it has a reverse function.

• 1 month later...

I have a very similar problem on mine.

The Windscreen washer works fine and i can hear the motor when i press the switch for the headlights but other than that, nothing. I've tried all the tips in this thread, (barring the new motor).

Any ideas?? pleeease ;)

• 3 years later...

I have a very similar problem on mine.

The Windscreen washer works fine and i can hear the motor when i press the switch for the headlights but other than that, nothing. I've tried all the tips in this thread, (barring the new motor).

Same issue only my washers don't come out and screen wash filler tube is split I think as it only holds a little water. Can hear motor nothing else!? 

Any ideas?? pleeease