Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 200 Sport Mpg And Speed

Wesley86

Ok so I'm new to a lexus now I do a lot of just pottering round town ect I put 30 quid in it which gave me just under half tank now its 1 knotch above empty and I've only done 80 miles is this about right also it doesn't seem to have much umpfff until u hit the higher revs around 4500 is that also normal is there any tweaks mods ect to get her going a bit better off the mark

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate you are looking anywhere between 20 mpg upwards but is your car auto or manual as i get about 28 mpg on my manual ,on a long journey you may get in high 30s mpg and yes the car is steady till the vvti kicks in, then it changes. Remember its only 153 bhp ,if you want power swap it for an is300 or toyota altezza .

Maybe yeah, I did a few motorway trips in between but I do expect 20MPG round town. All I use it for is dropping kids at school atm which is a 6 mile round trip twice a day so two cold starts.

I was getting this from my 5-Series BMW on the school run if that cheers you up?

file-7.jpg

Sounds a bit low to me to be honest. Are you booting it everywhere? I mean 4000rpm+ in every gear and on only short trips will give you poor MPG. I can get 150 miles or so from the same amount of fuel only doing town driving but I don't take it over 3500rpm when im not on the motorway or A road.

I only ever put £50 max in the tank (around 35 litres) since I can't see the point in carrying that much weight in fuel all the time (70L of fuel weighs nearly 8 stone!), and for that I usually see 180-200 miles, and that's mainly urban and short trips. I see a bit more if on the motorway cruising (did two journeys in it today, first was 60 miles, of which I'd say 50ish was motorway, and 2nd was 22 miles, most of which is country lanes with a little bit of town) and it moved about 2-3 notches on the dial.

Smooth is the name of the game. Around town you need to poodle it, and like Chris says, I normally keep it under 3500rpm (especially since it seems so at home doing 30mph in 4th at low revs). It does need winding up to get going, and now and again I'll come off a roundabout onto a bypass and give it a run up in 2nd to 5k ish just to feel it move, but other than that it's slow and steady.

If it's still doing bad, then have a look into cleaning the throttle body out. Plus it wouldn't hurt to change the air filter, if it hasn't been done recently, and sounds stupid, but check the tyres pressures. Too low and your MPG is hurt. Lastly, how much weight is the car carrying? Full size spare and the tool kit doesn't help, but a whole bunch of junk in the boot all the time isn't great. It's amazing how many people overlook this stuff, so no offence if it sounds like I'm teaching you to suck eggs!

£30 from empty might show as just below half, but the way gauges work it won't be half, put it this way, £1.40 ish per litre, on a 70 litre tank, means 35 litres is half, so £30 is only getting you about 21-22 litres, way down on half a tank.

The wife puts £50 a time in hers, thats about 36 litres, and she only gets about 160-180 miles, about the same I get from my 528, if she was getting near 28mpg the guy above claimed we'd be over the moon, that would save us about £50 a month.

U need to put ya foot down to get away from the lights lol I just got it so maybe I have been abit heavy footed but I'm in a city called Salisbury where my trips normally consist of 4 roundabouts so always stop start and mostly hills so maybe that's y and its only 1.30 a liter here

Kris, the only way i get 28mpg is when i hardly ever go over 3000 rpm ,but i think this its quality or economy , give me quality any day , surely all is owners think that , my sons 318 auto only gets the same as mine anyway.

I get 350-360 miles from a full tank which is about 26mpg, This is a mix of A, B and urban driving. When on the motorway it improves to about 28 mpg.

In modern terms pretty pathetic but I knew this before I purchased so have no complaints.

I've got an auto and I get roughly 20mpg, that's just based on driving around town, I live in a small town so its stop start every 2 mins.

I did a 100 mile motorway journey though and I averaged about 31mpg, I don't even care anymore I just put fuel in and drive until it says fill up, I'd rather pay a little extra and drive something I love ;-)

I've got an auto and I get roughly 20mpg, that's just based on driving around town, I live in a small town so its stop start every 2 mins.

I did a 100 mile motorway journey though and I averaged about 31mpg, I don't even care anymore I just put fuel in and drive until it says fill up, I'd rather pay a little extra and drive something I love ;-)

Do you have standard 17's in black under yours?

I've filled up a few days ago and I'm only doing 3 miles to school and 3 miles back twice a day with cold starts and some Tesco beer runs so I'll have a look at the mileage when the light comes on.

I got a silver is 200 and thinking about getting the wheels re done but what colour do u think will go best

Not done my lexus wheels yet, but had a silver vectra with white penta wheels....thinking of the same for the 200 after winter.

Or maybe gunmetal...or .......indecisive .....ME...???

Just goes to show I put 15 quid in when the light came on and I've done a short burst round town and a 40 mile trip and I've got 55 miles out it that so far with still some left mad how just pottering around the city uses so much more fuel I only managed 80 mile out the 30 I put in last time this time il be getting that from 15 defo time to star driving more sensible haha