Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

99 Is200 Se @ 170K And Still Pulling

iFF 2011

My car is at 170k, its had alot of generous work done since i owned it and has never broke down but at this mileage is it worth selling or breaking, bear in mind though it has had a fair few parts replaced in the couple of years and services every 10k miles and the car is 100% working and still pulls like an average lexus, clutch is strong and has a few mods.

Please be thoughtful lol as i do want to get the most out of it if i keep it so that's how much i pride in this car.

Well it looks like new, believe me or not, i looked after it very well as my friends say, has no corrosion anywhere, underside waxoyled, it runs smooth, passed last mot easily so its all good for another year, but i was just wondering if should go in to changing the cambelt or let it snap as an engine swap will keep rest of the car running for years.

Noooo, that wont last another 10 miles, give me the wheels before it goes bang LOL.

seriously that looks great loads of life left yet, if you intend keeping it do the cambelt and you should be ok for another 50k at least.

Mines a 2000/x with 170k, I've had it near enough 12 years now, just had the second cambelt change done this week. Will keep it going for as long as possible!

Thanks ChrisIS200SportTTE, i wish i had the lexus aero pack though, would set it nice with the ride hide etc

IanS200 nice one lol when it goes bang i'll have to find the wheels in four different locations haha

I shall get the cambelt done asap ravi, might try it myself if i have time.

Well believe or not i just learnt how to change the taps on my bath to a shower mixer and also had to cut back the old cooper pipe as it was leaking to put new push fit hoses on so i can say that i pick up things easily as i never done it before and always called in the plumbers but by looking on youtube for the cambelt change for the is200 i certainly thought it looked easy so i shall look forward to the summer lol