Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ecu Swap Due Yo Immobiliser Faults

Hi their,

I'm having trouble with my immobiliser not deactivating and because I don't have the master key I cannot reprogram the ecu.

Anyway I've found a new ecu and lockset only problem is my ecu part number is 89661 53200 and them replacement is 89661 53031.

Someone told me it would work aslong as I change everything it would work.........is this true??

the one ecu is a newr version of the other 03 on 53031 fitted

we only ever fitted ecu and ignition barrel and key set all was fine then door locks were done if requested but most of the time ig and ecu with key

so the ecu you have should work ok as we would have customer supplied and buy new etc

reset and all ok

I've actually found the the same ecu now and his sending the whole steering colomn Aswell, he said it's easier then takin the ignition barrel out,

So I've got coming:

ECU 53200

Steering colomn (ignition barrel and 3 keys)

All for £100

The 53031 ecu lock kit I've got now came with a theft warning box do I need that to, or just the ecu and key?

I've actually found the the same ecu now and his sending the whole steering colomn Aswell, he said it's easier then takin the ignition barrel out,

So I've got coming:

ECU 53200

Steering colomn (ignition barrel and 3 keys)

All for £100

The 53031 ecu lock kit I've got now came with a theft warning box do I need that to, or just the ecu and key?

did your old system have this ? does the system you bought have it available ?

as the newer 53031 ecu is crossing over to 03 plated vehicles onwards