Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cd Multichanger Not Working

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a stuck CD as Normski said earlier. At least you know Ian's is in perfect working order. I had some back lights off him last week, top bloke, no dodgy dealings :)

I imagine if anyone from this site did something dodgy, they wouldn't be here for too long. Good to know someone else has bought off him anywho . .

Nice. I quite like the idea that Lexus thought, 'Our customers would like the opportunity to listen to the radio play cassettes and play CD's' i'm slightly disappointed that there isn't a laser-disc player hiding somewhere.

Stuart.

All my music is on Ipod so i needed a new unit putting in. I did quite like the way the old unit looked but I cant be without my Ipod in the car! Just need to work out speaker settings etc. as there are loads in the Sports Cross!

All my music is on Ipod so i needed a new unit putting in. I did quite like the way the old unit looked but I cant be without my Ipod in the car! Just need to work out speaker settings etc. as there are loads in the Sports Cross!

I know! 3 in the boot!! Who was sitting in there to suggest that it needed more speakers????

You could have just bought an AUX out cable and plugged it in to the back of the headinit then had the iPod connector coming out in the glovebox or under the heated seats buttons.

I had the same problem with mine a day after I picked it up, it started working a few weeks later amazingly and (touch wood) has been fine ever since, I seem to remember holding down the load and eject buttons for a while as soon as I turned it on so it didn't have time to do anything else and it chucked a cd out it didn't like and now seems to be ok, might have been a complete fluke to be honest but could be worth a try. :driving:

I know! 3 in the boot!! Who was sitting in there to suggest that it needed more speakers????

5 if you count the ones on the rear roof supports as well!!! Is the single one on the right a sub woofer of sorts?

You could have just bought an AUX out cable and plugged it in to the back of the headinit then had the iPod connector coming out in the glovebox or under the heated seats buttons.

Thought of that but i wanted more control from the head unit. Plus it looks cool when the song title scrolls along the screen!

Thought of that but i wanted more control from the head unit. Plus it looks cool when the song title scrolls along the screen!

Fair play mate, yeah much better to have total control from the head unit :)

5 if you count the ones on the rear roof supports as well!!! Is the single one on the right a sub woofer of sorts?

Not entirely sure sorry.

I had the same problem with mine a day after I picked it up, it started working a few weeks later amazingly and (touch wood) has been fine ever since, I seem to remember holding down the load and eject buttons for a while as soon as I turned it on so it didn't have time to do anything else and it chucked a cd out it didn't like and now seems to be ok, might have been a complete fluke to be honest but could be worth a try. :driving:

I will give that a try, though my new radio unit is in the post.

Good morning. I have fitted the radio, cd changer unit. Very easy to remove and replace. It's making the right noises and messages. I haven't tested the radio, volume or CD yet, as it's so cold, I'm having a cuppa to warm up first.

There was no CD stuck in my unit, but it has writing on it to say it has been repaired at least once before.

Edited post;

Everything is working. Scared me a bit when CD 3 whirred and couldn't find a track, but ejected it and removed the hair (!?!) Put it back in and it was fine.

Checked all the switches to make sure everything was working, my wife would've killed me if the heated seats stopped working. Now to do the washing up.

Glad everythings ok Stuart, Was sweating a bit when you mentioned cd3 wasnt working...LOL. If theres ever anything else you need drop me a pm mate.

Will do. It's good to get things working. Waiting for service plan to be sent from Lexus Cardiff. Last service was 121000, but last Feb!?!

• 2 weeks later...

AAARRRGGGHHH!?! CD3 started skipping this morning, so I pressed eject. Nothing happened. Unit went to radio station, I pressed disc and it said error3. I selected each of the 6 discs and they all said error3.

Had it twice now in the two months I had the thing and on both occasions after it had been parked up and not used for an hour or so it was working as normal again.

Press and hold the eject button until you hear a beep. It should eject all six discs. Then press and hold the load button until you here a beep and insert all six again.

Sorry to hear that Stuart, if you can get discs out, when you come to load them press load button and wait until its says load cd1 and lights turn green same for disc 2 ect, if you dont follow this procedure it doesnt like it.and shows errors.

AAARRRGGGHHH!?! CD3 started skipping this morning, so I pressed eject. Nothing happened. Unit went to radio station, I pressed disc and it said error3. I selected each of the 6 discs and they all said error3.

Had it twice now in the two months I had the thing and on both occasions after it had been parked up and not used for an hour or so it was working as normal again.

Press and hold the eject button until you hear a beep. It should eject all six discs. Then press and hold the load button until you here a beep and insert all six again.

Will try again, I have been pressing the eject button, I get the beep, but nothing happens. I'll leave it until lunch time and try again.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links