Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Snow It's Coming!

panya

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd probably go for a spin late at night. In my area we have plenty of 100-120 feet wide quiet roads with no vehicles parked on the sides. There should be no noise from the tyres and the engine is pretty quiet as it is. Just a bit of fun really without being a menace to the society.

Couldn't get off my drive as its on a slope. Took me 20 mins of wheel spinning then another 20 mins to clear the drive with hot water.

When I got on the road I was sliding about everywhere, nearly spun it. It just would not grip! Didn't think I needed winter tyres.... I was wrong. There wasn't even that much snow. This was my street

AD6E0A93-DAFA-4C9E-9019-5160802FC506-12537-0000112B77222F87_zpseda24bc1.jpg

Couldn't get off my drive as its on a slope. Took me 20 mins of wheel spinning then another 20 mins to clear the drive with hot water.

When I got on the road I was sliding about everywhere, nearly spun it. It just would not grip! Didn't think I needed winter tyres.... I was wrong. There wasn't even that much snow. This was my street

AD6E0A93-DAFA-4C9E-9019-5160802FC506-12537-0000112B77222F87_zpseda24bc1.jpg

See now thats the kind roads i like :phone: to be able slide right to the end of the road and not wasting a single bit of tread = Epic fun

Now in saying that i've not hd the chance to drive in snow in the lexus.......so should be fun

Winter wheels are going on the IS tomorrow :)

Been driving RWD cars for a while and always had a set of winter wheels/tyres. It's funny when you go straight past a stranded 4x4 on summer tyres in a fat 7-Series BMW :devil:

Sometimes it get's ridiculous though and it needs to stay on the drive.... This was my E39 Touring in 2010's snow and then again two days later.... :eerrrmm:

file-9.jpg

file-10.jpg

has no-one got any faith in the "SNOW" button??? LoL

I've got the faith to know a light will come on when I press the snow button, I've also got the faith (and experience) to know it won't make an ounce of difference! Walkies!!

I have a garage, the LS400 is in same garage, the LS400 will stay in the garage! :D

I also have a Citroen Belingo works van with skinny tyres,front wheel drive, a well dented offside where a lorry hit it when parked and probably less than 90BHP.......... this can go out in the snow. :lol:

has no-one got any faith in the "SNOW" button??? LoL

I've got the faith to know a light will come on when I press the snow button, I've also got the faith (and experience) to know it won't make an ounce of difference! Walkies!!

The Snow button on an LS400 should be replaced with a "NO GO" button for what it's worth.

Anyone had any snow yet then in any areas????

ps i also have a 2.0 cdx carina auto prob the best i have ever used in snow 2010 travel home 35 miles i watched as i drove home max i got to was 20mph i watched others get stuck or then pull over as they got more problems and me i kept going last 1/2mile home in 1 with snow button on and i parked right outside my house did i get stuck not at all on std michelin energys

could i move next morning no as it was knee deep lol

I think their expect snow to come on Monday...well in some part I think , hope its will miss south coast or I will be walking to work lol, now I guess i have to keep my eyes on the weather channel then.

I think their expect snow to come on Monday...well in some part I think , hope its will miss south coast or I will be walking to work lol, now I guess i have to keep my eyes on the weather channel then.

Yeah, sure it's Monday.

I don't think it going to snow on the landing so I should be safe for work...

The van has had it's winter tyres on for some weeks...They are superb for when you hit a big puddle as they aquaplane much less than summers. Shovel, carpet,grit and rope(To recover those fancy four wheel drives) all stowed away and for fun for the first time Osama the J'heap has winter tyres on to recover the van when I get that stuck. He's also just had a 2 inch lift and new UJs on the front axel, was a bit of a panic to get the job finished before the snow so I was out on the drive with a beer and my bobble hat finishing him off... All fueled up and neat screen wash to prevent freezing.....5ft high lift jack stowed in Osama for when I get that and the van stuck.... The IS will stay on the drive nice and safe as at 53k the front tyres are close to the wear bars

Let the loonacy begin!!!