Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Snow It's Coming!

panya

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. You keep that car in one piece.

I'd like to buy some Aeros but I've stopped spending on this car for now. Got to buy the misses something nice next.

Milk Tray should do it!

Toyota Celica made out of chocolate don't come along often Karl....

Hmmm Ray, she sounds quite demanding does your missus.... How about a compromise between the box of chocs and the Celica? A food mixer perhaps? Let us all know how that works out when you are out of plaster.... After the Winter I have the task of finding my missus a replacement for her little Merc. She seems quite keen on the second generation RAV4

Hmmm Ray, she sounds quite demanding does your missus.... How about a compromise between the box of chocs and the Celica? A food mixer perhaps? Let us all know how that works out when you are out of plaster.... After the Winter I have the task of finding my missus a replacement for her little Merc. She seems quite keen on the second generation RAV4

Haha, she's had her current Celica for 7 years so it's time to get her something else. She was looking at RAV4's before too but then this purple Celica came up so she changed her mind...

The Snow button on an LS400 should be replaced with a "NO GO" button for what it's worth.

Still don't understand why people in the UK are so stubborn they won't fit wintertyres :rolleyes:

Instead they all think 4WD will be the miracle solution and then are gobsmacked when they cannot follow an old RWD Lexus in propers wintertyres on an Alpine road ...

Half Finland drives around with old RWD bangers, most of them even don't have any electronic guardian angels. All works. Just need to fit the right tyres.

Winter tyres fitted. Don't shout at me, but I got part worns. Glad I didn't order online based on the wheel size Black Circles said I should have on my registration, I've got 16" not 17"!?! Will get me a set of Lexus 17" for summer tyres, 16" with winter tyres will then go in the shed until they're needed again

Didn't have a lot here (fortunately, as it makes my job a misery), but the IS with the winter tyres I fitted last month coped with it brilliantly - just like it did early December when we had that one day of snow. No TRC lights coming on when accelerating/pulling away, or either when breaking. Drove just as it would on a normal road.

As for the snow button, I often use it when parking anyway as it softens the throttle response, so I also use it when pulling away on the snow and ice, although I tried without and it doesn't really make any difference. It might do if you were on regular tyres I guess, but not with the winter tyres.

Winter tyres fitted. Don't shout at me, but I got part worns. Glad I didn't order online based on the wheel size Black Circles said I should have on my registration, I've got 16" not 17"!?! Will get me a set of Lexus 17" for summer tyres, 16" with winter tyres will then go in the shed until they're needed again

Always good to have a second set for winters. Saves getting tyres fitted every time the weather changes. I have two sets of 17's at the moment. One winter set and one summer.

Be careful buying alloys though as it can get addictive. I had four sets of alloys for my BMW 5-Series.... :ph34r: