panya

Snow It's Coming!

Front lip on the bumper has a secondary function as a plow.... I knew it weren't just for looks...

ahaha... gold :P

This picture shows what winter tyres do. Clear treads! Now a summer tyre would be full off snow.

That's interesting, I wonder what is it in winter tyres that allow them to do so?

well again we have it snow cleaned the car off at 6.30am went to have the usual breky and by 8.00am its got 3inchs on it cannot beleave this

as usual roads have not been touched yet again loss of wages for another day

It's been snowing intermittently all morning. Cleared snow off car at 6:00. Attempted roads. None gritted. That woke me up! Got back to the house and by 7:00 there was an inch of snow on the car and the tracks I'd made were nearly covered again

That's interesting, I wonder what is it in winter tyres that allow them to do so?

They're made from a lot softer rubber and 'warm' up better.

Snow is still here but no more predicted :(

Drove home on my summer tyres tonight. It's been snowing all afternoon so slush everywhere!

TRC off, don't activate snow mode and it's so much FUN!!! :lol::driving:

Best drive I've had home in a while. Any more snow tho and my car will be useless again. 100% getting a set of winter tyres next year. I'd prob buy them now if I could afford it but after Xmas I don't have the money and the wife said no more savings are to be spent on the car and she's hidden the credit card :whistling:

Yeah that's what I thought Ray! Nobody will be buying them then, should get a good deal.

Also on the hunt for a set of 17's to put on next winter. Gonna refurb my Aero's in the summer :)

Don't bother refurbing the Aeros Chris. I'll do that when you 'give' them me/....

Plenty of tatty standard 17's come up for not bad money. I paid £78 all in for mine, £28 of which was shipping (next day with paisley freight). I'm tempted to get mine refurbed, as it makes me sad to see it with scabby looking wheels, however, they are only on there for a couple months, and what with all the salt and grit (or not, as it seems) they'll only get ruined anyway.

Yeah Matt seen lots if sets on eBay and the like.

That's going to be my problem as well, I can't stand my car looking tatty. You got yours really cheap :) I was thinking of spending double that! I was also thinking of getting 16"s as tyres will be cheaper but I just can't have my car on dinky wheels :lol:

Ray I promise you that the Aero's are yours free of charge in the following circumstances:-

I win the lottery

Hell freezes over

:lol: good luck with that :lol: