Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Power Drop Shortly Then Stalling After Starting Journey

F355

Anyone help please. Problem happened first time just after leaving home. I retrieved the Battery .fully charged it and got the car home.The car started first time next day but after only a few hundred yards the radio and electrics went berserk again.The ariel kept raising and lowering and the lights dash flicked from normal to dim and back again several times. The engine power dropped and after a while stalled .The car did not have power enough to start but did so after trying again an hour later, got home where the problem persists.I have been waiting to have an amber orange light checked out so not sure if this is indicating this problem.??

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

If the orange check light has an engine symbol in it that would indicate a problem so get the code read 1st otherwise it is all guesswork.

At this point it sounds like a possible battery/alternator problem but having a code read should confirm the problem.

Once you have the code(s) please come back with them.

• 4 weeks later...

The first step to sorting this out has been to check the Battery. It is apparently very good so next I will check the alternator etc and report back. Thanks you lot for your suggestions .I will keep u informed.

• 2 weeks later...

Electrical problems really can be difficult to diagnose. Is there any history ? It certainly seems like the Battery is draining so some sort of earth could be the cause. this could explain other electrical equipment operating like the ariel. Has anyone fitted an accessory for instance ??

Past damage etc??

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links