Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2004 Is200 Sportcross Wheel Size (Boring Topic Discussion)

Hi all, as you know, I bought the is200 and started looking around for winter tyres. I searched on blackcircles.com and inputted my reg and it said I needed 215/45/17 91w. I thought, okay? And started looking at prices.

But upon checking (and before buying anything) I'm actually riding on 205/55/16 91w. 16" wheels. They're Lexus wheels, but not 17" as blackcircles.com suggest I should be on.

Anyway, I've got the correct size tyres fitted and I'm ready for the snow. The question I want to ask is this. 'Should I look for 17" Lexus wheels to put the summer tyres on? Obviously, the ones I have now will be too small to put on new rims (if I do get 17") as I plan to keep the winter tyres on the 16" and put them in storage when I'm ready to change back to summer tyres.

Also, how much is a reasonable amount to spend on 17" Lexus wheels?

I told you this was a boring thread.

Stuart.

The S model of the IS200 came with the same 16inch wheels as you have. Obviously they were fitted to some Sportscross as well or were put on by a previous owner? Not many on 16's so that explains the confusion with blacktyres.

You should get a set of half decent 17"s for a couple of hundred quid. The better the condition the more you'll pay. The standard 17 inch wheels that are on most IS's are always coming up. Here's a couple of examples

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-GENUINE-LEXUS-IS200-IS300-TOYOTA-SET-OF-4-ALLOY-WHEELS-TYRES-215-45-17-/190773683210?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&fits=Car+Make%3ALexus&hash=item2c6aff640a

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-IS200-ALLOY-WHEELS-X4-17-INCH-/281046671862?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&hash=item416fafe1f6

18"s will go straight on as well. There's a set of mint Aero's going somewhere ;)

As Chris says, S models came with 16's, while SE's, Sport's and SportCross' came with 17's. The LE's also had 17's but a different style (11 spoke)

Personally, I would get winter tyres to fit your 16's, and pick up a decent set of standard 17's to run for the rest of the year - for two reasons; firstly the IS looks better with 17's on it, and secondly, winter tyres are cheaper for 16s than 17's.

I couldn't find any 16" alloys in time so bought a set of 17"'s (same as what's in my sig) and paid 80 quid for them. They needed refurbing but after a rub down and some paint they're ready for the snow. Should've painted them silver not black though....... bwaak.gif

file-8.jpg

Sportcross 2.0 came with 16" alloys as standard. I've changed mine to 17" from the new IS. I've got spacers on because of the small lug on the front suspension. I know some people file this off.

Best to stick with 16" for winter tyres and keep 17" for summer.

Here's a before and after..

IMG_1039.jpg

IMG_1446.jpg

• Like 1

Sportcross 2.0 came with 16" alloys as standard. I've changed mine to 17" from the new IS. I've got spacers on because of the small lug on the front suspension. I know some people file this off.

Best to stick with 16" for winter tyres and keep 17" for summer.

Here's a before and after..

IMG_1039.jpg

IMG_1446.jpg

I like the colour of the 17"s. Did you have then painted yourself? If so, did you take the logo off and re apply them to keep the chromed look?

Cheers chaps. They're buggered now! They're so much nearer to the outside of the car I've curbed them. I suppose I should put the 16" back on and get these refurbed.

IMG_1448.jpg

I couldn't find any 16" alloys in time so bought a set of 17"'s (same as what's in my sig) and paid 80 quid for them. They needed refurbing but after a rub down and some paint they're ready for the snow. Should've painted them silver not black though....... bwaak.gif

file-8.jpg

It's been said before, and it doesn't look chav, those Black Wheels look good.

I like the colour of the 17"s. Did you have then painted yourself? If so, did you take the logo off and re apply them to keep the chromed look?

eBay special! Not sure what the colour is. I know they're off a 250 though.

The S model of the IS200 came with the same 16inch wheels as you have. Obviously they were fitted to some Sportscross as well or were put on by a previous owner? Not many on 16's so that explains the confusion with blacktyres.

You should get a set of half decent 17"s for a couple of hundred quid. The better the condition the more you'll pay. The standard 17 inch wheels that are on most IS's are always coming up. Here's a couple of examples

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-GENUINE-LEXUS-IS200-IS300-TOYOTA-SET-OF-4-ALLOY-WHEELS-TYRES-215-45-17-/190773683210?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&fits=Car+Make%3ALexus&hash=item2c6aff640a

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-IS200-ALLOY-WHEELS-X4-17-INCH-/281046671862?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&hash=item416fafe1f6

18"s will go straight on as well. There's a set of mint Aero's going somewhere ;)

Cheers Chris. That first set aren't too bad. How easy are they to rub down and clean? Also, would you suggest painting them or keeping silver?

• 2 years later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links