Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Alarm Problem

having a problem with my stock alarm in my is200 , i read online that there is a internal sensor that gives problems and the alarm keeps going off but i cant fnd ot exactly where it is or how to bypass it or get rid of it

any suggestions ?? have my Battery disconncted at the moment but would prefer to be able to sleep at night knowing the car is alarmed

I had the exact same problem. I took it to Lexus Bristol. They gave me 2 options...

New interior sensors at £217 fitted or disconnect the interior sensors for nothing as I was having my wheels balanced. They went through the insurance invalid and at my own risk etc etc but since they've disconnected it, no problems :)

Instead of disconnecting your Battery just use the button on the drivers door arm to lock all doors then lock the drivers door with the key. The alarm doesn't set but at least you don't have to pop the bonnet all the time :)

i just connected my Battery again , i open door the alarm goes off i close door and the alarm wont stop no matter what buttons i press , the doors lock and open etc but alram is still going off

when it stops i lock car with the fob and unlock it thinking alarm is off but go to open again and off the alarm goes again , really really annoying ha

I don't know where the interior sensors are sorry. Under the roof lining is all I know.

I didn't have the second lot of symptoms your describing but if you start the car with the alarms going it should turn them off after 30 seconds.

My alarm just went of randomly when it was parked up at like 4am! Would be ok for weeks, even months then it would go off for no apparent reason every 5-10 mins!

If you "double" lock it (two presses of the remote button) I'm told this deactivates the alarm, the car is locked, and deadlocked, but not alarmed. Downside to that is, if your Battery goes flat, you're going to have to smash a window to pull the bonnet catch, as the deadlocks cannot be disengaged using the key in the door

had to leave car at the gym it just wouldnt stop , i locked it with key and it didnt go off for ages i opened car and sat it and it started

no matter what buttons i press it has no effect , pressing the button twice wont work either

when the alarm is sounding there is no indicators flashing i was even driving and it was still going off

if i snip the siren would it be ok ?? its in the boot somewhere or at the rear but i couldnt go looking now as its too late so will have to sort it in the morning

if i snip the wire going to the siren wll i have any problems ?? the indicators dont flash when the alarm is set off and the doors open and close no problem

once there is not some safety feature that will shut down the car or something ha

if i snip the wire going to the siren wll i have any problems ?? the indicators dont flash when the alarm is set off and the doors open and close no problem

once there is not some safety feature that will shut down the car or something ha

it will sound for ??? of time

what type of siren do you have fitted square black unit ??

I was putting my LOC stickers in this afternoon. Unlocked car and sat in the back, doors closed. Suddenly the car locks itself and the alarm goes off!?! I unlock with key fob and calm my heart down when it happens again.

I get out and lock the car and haven't been back in, but the alarm hasn't gone off again since. Must be about 5 hours since. Hoping it's not a problem and just being a bit weird because of the amount of snow on the car at the time.

I was putting my LOC stickers in this afternoon. Unlocked car and sat in the back, doors closed. Suddenly the car locks itself and the alarm goes off!?! I unlock with key fob and calm my heart down when it happens again.

I get out and lock the car and haven't been back in, but the alarm hasn't gone off again since. Must be about 5 hours since. Hoping it's not a problem and just being a bit weird because of the amount of snow on the car at the time.

if you just unlocked and jumped in back didnt switch ig etc it will relock and reset and then go off if your in it iam always doing it :whistling:

problem is back :( was looking on google earlier and found an old thread from here seems like the siren in boot is the problem i must disconnect it , the poster had exact same problems as me and the noise is only coming from my boot so once it brightens up in moring ill disconnect it

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=+is200+alarm+siren&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCsQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lexusownersclub.co.uk%2Fforum%2Findex.php%3Fshowtopic%3D46301&ei=ZeT6UMCQKNSThge81IFg&usg=AFQjCNE3TaC0vqASRs6e3fZP4H8h3tSAnw

• 3 years later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links