Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Wheels And Tyres

jeffreyt

On 30/08/2015 at 2:31 PM, jeffreyt said:

Selling is not allowed unless you are a Gold Member. If found you are selling by PM you can be banned.

http://www.goldmembers.co.uk/

Just out of interest, so I don't get any telling offs. Where are the rules regarding buying and selling? And all things gold member/non gold member?

15 minutes ago, tayaste said:

Just out of interest, so I don't get any telling offs. Where are the rules regarding buying and selling? And all things gold member/non gold member?

Here you go this covers everything you need to know.

tp://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/terms-conditions/

Sorry to bring a negative comment to this thread but I get really concerned about people putting budget tyres on cars.  If you're going to spend money on anything spend it on tyres and brakes they are the only things that will save your life.  Have a look at the Which reviews and compare stopping distances between a budget and a premium. 

I appreciate that many of us have tight budgets but given the cost of a Lexus, insurance, road tax, fuel etc. an extra £40 or £50 every 20,000 or so miles for a premium tyre appears to be money well spent.  Having said that there are some manufacturers e.g. Continental who have their own budget brands so with a bit of research you might find a gem but performance rather than price should be the main factor.  Here ends my sermon; sorry in advance:-)

If it's any help I found this list on PistonHeads

Michelin: BF Goodrich / Kleber

Bridgestone: Firestone / Dayton

Continental: Uniroyal / General Tire / Semperit / Barum / Viking / Gislaved

Goodyear: Fulda / Kelly / Sava / Debica / (Dunlop -in some markets)

Sumitomo: Falken / (Dunlop -in some markets)

Cooper: Avon

• Like 1

At the moment I have 'Dustbin Lids' shocking. Thinking of upgrading to 19", Does anyone know whether the ride will be affected. Also thinking about lowering springs, same question. Don't want to go back to a hard ride.

1 hour ago, Glover said:

Sorry to bring a negative comment to this thread but I get really concerned about people putting budget tyres on cars.  If you're going to spend money on anything spend it on tyres and brakes they are the only things that will save your life.  Have a look at the Which reviews and compare stopping distances between a budget and a premium. 

I appreciate that many of us have tight budgets but given the cost of a Lexus, insurance, road tax, fuel etc. an extra £40 or £50 every 20,000 or so miles for a premium tyre appears to be money well spent.  Having said that there are some manufacturers e.g. Continental who have their own budget brands so with a bit of research you might find a gem but performance rather than price should be the main factor.  Here ends my sermon; sorry in advance:-)

If it's any help I found this list on PistonHeads

Michelin: BF Goodrich / Kleber

Bridgestone: Firestone / Dayton

Continental: Uniroyal / General Tire / Semperit / Barum / Viking / Gislaved

Goodyear: Fulda / Kelly / Sava / Debica / (Dunlop -in some markets)

Sumitomo: Falken / (Dunlop -in some markets)

Cooper: Avon

I come from a motor mechanic back ground and agree that that thin strip of rubber between you rims and the road is critical ,I would budget for £100 a corner and be a brand I can  pronounce !

1 hour ago, Railo said:

At the moment I have 'Dustbin Lids' shocking. Thinking of upgrading to 19", Does anyone know whether the ride will be affected. Also thinking about lowering springs, same question. Don't want to go back to a hard ride.

Most who change, go for adjustable coil-overs. If you choose well, it can be set up to suit your needs. It's possible to go a little lower on wider 19s and improve the handling without compromising the ride. If it's very important to you, air suspension might be worth a look.

I run with staggered width rims 8.5 front/9.5 rear 245 35 19 front and 285 30 19 rear and that seems to work okay. 

Agree with the advice on tyres, I use Continental on the SC, until it gets too cold for them to work properly.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links