Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Only One Key

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Panya, yes, I belive so. As I already have a master key, they will get an identical key and code it, so in effect, I will end up with two master keys.

I don't mind paying the price quoted, at least I'll know it's done properly, I'll just mess it up. I may get a little bit more of a discount now I'm a Gold Member.

Hi Stuart Aspey , it's that master key , that u gonna get from lexus ?

When I got my spare from Lexus it was a 3 buttoned master key :)

I don't think the SportCross had a 3 button key as the boot is not remotely operated. If I'm wrong. . . Well, that would be odd?

Hi Stuart Aspey , it's that master key , that u gonna get from lexus ?

When I got my spare from Lexus it was a 3 buttoned master key :)

I don't think the SportCross had a 3 button key as the boot is not remotely operated. If I'm wrong. . . Well, that would be odd?

Yeah I think your right. You'll get a 2 buttoned master key :)

Ive just got myself another 3 button master key for a grand total of £39.

Key £29 off the bay, new blank £5, cutting £5 and coding following instructions on here FREE.

Had the original master key as well which made things easier.

post-45814-0-90399800-1358583823.jpg cheers for your support and advice guys.

Yep master key :)

As shreksta said a new key will cost u about £160 from Lexus.

If you lose all keys to the car then it's a nightmare. Worst case scenario is you'll need a new ECU, new door locks and new ignition barrel and new keys at a cool price of £2000 from Lexus!

Please mate, stop posting up stories like this to scare people- it simply isnt true.

You can have have your ECU reprogrammed to accept new keys- when I got my car, the only key I had loked like a master key, but wasnt.

An autolocksmith reprogrammed my ECU to accept the key, and the spare I had as well.

My post from April 2010...

For all those that may have read recently I had some issues coded a 2nd key to my new (to me) purchase last week.

The car was taken to Lexus guildford for coding where I was told that my master key was actually a sub key and that they couldnt code my spare key.

they did however give me the details of an auto locksmith who said that he could copy the key so it would be a spare, but neither would be the master key. The cost of this was £105 plus vat.

I had a look around where I work and found one literally round the corner from where I work in Gatwick and had a chat with him yesterday and booked it in for this morning.

The result??

I now have 2 coded master keys, with the spare also programmed for door unlocking as well.

The cost??

£150 inc.vat.. The imobiliser was removed and reflashed so that it recognised both keys as Master keys. He went through and showed me that the car actually had 5 keys coded for it!!

Anyway, its all sorted, for a relatively small amount- especially if you take into account people and dealers saying you need new keys and an ECU- you dont. you just need a decent auto locksmith who knows what they are doing...

For anyone who wants his details- he's Gatwick based but is mobile (and I guess the price charged would reflect that?)

????: ###### # Forum http://www.**********club.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=7713

Anyway:

Gatwick Auto Locksmiths, Kelvin Way, Crawley, RH10 9SE

01293 536377

dave@autolocksmiths.co.uk

Can thoroughly recomend them, they did a superb job- even if I do have to go back tomorrow as I was £10 short..

J

Hi is the guy still in Gatwick if so do you have upto date contact details?