Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Only One Key

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post-45814-0-90399800-1358583823.jpg cheers for your support and advice guys.

I WANT YOUR KEYRING, where pray can I get one of these awesome things?

Aha. This is the Lexus Owners Club Gold Membership Keyring. £49.95 maybe a litttle expensive for a keyring, but then again, it is a Lexus keyring

When i bought my Lex it came with 3 keys, 2 with 3 buttons and 1 with 2 buttons :winky: :winky:

Mine too. Although one of three-button keys was broken (casing only, internals were fine - now transferred to new key) and the other three-button key had begun cracking on the casing (which is now glue-fixed)

Yep master key :)

As shreksta said a new key will cost u about £160 from Lexus.

If you lose all keys to the car then it's a nightmare. Worst case scenario is you'll need a new ECU, new door locks and new ignition barrel and new keys at a cool price of £2000 from Lexus!

Please mate, stop posting up stories like this to scare people- it simply isnt true.

You can have have your ECU reprogrammed to accept new keys- when I got my car, the only key I had loked like a master key, but wasnt.

An autolocksmith reprogrammed my ECU to accept the key, and the spare I had as well.

My post from April 2010...

For all those that may have read recently I had some issues coded a 2nd key to my new (to me) purchase last week.

The car was taken to Lexus guildford for coding where I was told that my master key was actually a sub key and that they couldnt code my spare key.

they did however give me the details of an auto locksmith who said that he could copy the key so it would be a spare, but neither would be the master key. The cost of this was £105 plus vat.

I had a look around where I work and found one literally round the corner from where I work in Gatwick and had a chat with him yesterday and booked it in for this morning.

The result??

I now have 2 coded master keys, with the spare also programmed for door unlocking as well.

The cost??

£150 inc.vat.. The imobiliser was removed and reflashed so that it recognised both keys as Master keys. He went through and showed me that the car actually had 5 keys coded for it!!

Anyway, its all sorted, for a relatively small amount- especially if you take into account people and dealers saying you need new keys and an ECU- you dont. you just need a decent auto locksmith who knows what they are doing...

For anyone who wants his details- he's Gatwick based but is mobile (and I guess the price charged would reflect that?)

????: ###### # Forum http://www.**********club.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=7713

Anyway:

Gatwick Auto Locksmiths, Kelvin Way, Crawley, RH10 9SE

01293 536377

dave@autolocksmiths.co.uk

Can thoroughly recomend them, they did a superb job- even if I do have to go back tomorrow as I was £10 short..

J

Hi Daves tel number is unobtainable, any others?

I WANT YOUR KEYRING, where pray can I get one of these awesome things?

Aha. This is the Lexus Owners Club Gold Membership Keyring. £49.95 maybe a litttle expensive for a keyring, but then again, it is a Lexus keyring

Does it come automatically with Gold Membership or do you have to pay extra??

Lexmanic. As a gold member yourself, do you not have a Lexus card keyring?

I do but its not gold :whistling:

Are you pulling my leg? My keyring isn't Gold? It's just a card keyring with my membership details on, same as everyone else's. I'm assuming so, anyway. I haven't paid extra and I don't think I'm getting any special extras for free.

Besides, a gold keyring would be heavy and would swing and scratch the dashboard.

Are you pulling my leg? My keyring isn't Gold? It's just a card keyring with my membership details on, same as everyone else's. I'm assuming so, anyway. I haven't paid extra and I don't think I'm getting any special extras for free.

Besides, a gold keyring would be heavy and would swing and scratch the dashboard.

Quite and yes I am :whistling:

Quite and yes I am :whistling:

Good I was starting to worry that you and sheerdrop were actually seeing a Gold Keyring in the picture. Oh, and if you ever get tired of having 4 Lexus' just bring one down to me ;-)

Got my price quotes from Lexus Cardiff for a new key and for it to be coded. £163.80 in total.

Once the registration documents arrive, it'll be booked in.

Do you already have remote key & is that what they intend to code into a new key for you?

I don't have a remote key for my 98 GS 300 & its that I need to find without going to the expense of removing and returning the chip to and from the ECU etc

I do indeed have the master key that they will use to code the new key. The labour to do the coding is only £51.00, the new key costs £112.30.

Mate if you saw what they had to do for the £51 it would make you sick! Only takes them about 10-15 mins as well! I think they should code it for a tenner!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links