Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Changing Headlight Bulb 95 Ls400

Can't seem for figure how to remove the headlight bulb in my 95 LS400. There is a tutorial here on the site but it shows an early model with pictures, but it is not the same. Does anyone have step by step instructions? (pictures would be helpful). Thanks in advance. John

I never bought or owned or work on the 95-97 as I completly hate the car in that year of production.

But I take it you can't reach the blub from behind.

Never said which side. Drivers or passengers?

Below is quick summary for the 90-94 models. Maybe the same for the 95-97 ones.

A) Remove top air intake covers. Depends on which side that runs along the top of the rad.

B Take little grub screw holding corner light.

C) Pop out the corner light forwards, Dont use screwdriver to get behind it or it will crack the corner light. It just pops forward. There's a Knack and once done it's easy all the time.

D) Undo the few 10mm screws and the 10mm nut on the side where corner light was. Dont not force screws as maybe rusted in. Lube up when refitting.

E) The head light unit should then lift out to allow access to the back.

F) Fit blub and do reverse.

Funny thing I've never had to change one on any off the later models to this day for some reason.

Baz.

The headlight bulbs are pretty easy to replace and there is no need to remove the headlights.

The passenger side on can be accessed by simply removing the triangle shaped plastic cover.

The drivers side is a little more involved requiring a 10mm socket or spanner to remove the air ducting that goes to the air filter box. The front side of the air filter box also needs removing.

Its fiddly but if I can do it with my ham fists then most should be able to. Just don't pull the wires obviously.

I did this job in the dark, with swmbo holding a torch in less than 10 mins.

I would do a picture guide but its snowing so don't hold your breath folks.

Great link Chris. Watched the video and had lights in 5 minutes. Only difference on the 95 is there is a half moon plastic bracket that holds the rubber boot in place that just snaps out. By the way, the bulb was on the drivers side. Very easy access and no tools needed. Looks like you would need to remove a couple things to get to the passengers side. Thanks again.