Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Snow? Its All Over

noby76

matt there is no difference between both cars. NA Supra makes 220bhp because Toyota has only pushed the maximum tourque of 280NM up to come in at 4800rpm. to make it a bit more racey.. IS300 makes 288NM at 3800rpm which comes in 1000rpm below so based on this figures which two cars will have better pull at low end? and with a compression ratio of 10:5.1 compared to the Supra's 10:0.1 and a 5 speed box compared to a 4 speed box.. take my word matt that 10bhp advantage the Supra has, has been thrown out of the window deeming both cars equal.

wont argue with that Steve :phone:

Hmm. let me get this straight. You say there's no difference between the two cars, but then go on to list some differences... That's an interesting approach to reinforcing your argument. I'll remember that one

haha Ray do some research before you start typing ok, IS300 shares the same engine and i mean, block, head, crank, pistons, con rods as 98-2000 NA Toyota Supra. so is it a 4 door Toyota Supra?? Yes it is??

Just a quicken because I'm rather busy

The head is NOT the same AND the internals are NOT the same.

haha Ray do some research before you start typing ok, IS300 shares the same engine and i mean, block, head, crank, pistons, con rods as 98-2000 NA Toyota Supra. so is it a 4 door Toyota Supra?? Yes it is??

Just a quicken because I'm rather busy

The head is NOT the same AND the internals are NOT the same.

Prove this to us ray so i can eat my humble pie. i soo wana eat that pie ray

@matt

on the road there wont be any difference. higher compression ratio, 5 speed box and torque coming in 1000rpm earlier all makes up for the 10bhp disadvantage wont know any other way to put it to you but take my word for it.

When it comes to any of this, the very last thing I will do is take your word for it - trust me ;) However, since you claimed that 10bhp won't make any difference "on the road", I put it to you that 1000rpm won't make any difference on the road either... Take my word for it ;)

The VVTi internals are different from the non VVTi internals. The VVTi ones are much weaker too.

Do you want me to pre-chew that pie for you too?

The block is the same (head not) and that's about all that's the same. Please do your own homework....

Chris, don't compare you're 6 year old nephew to Knobbly... It's not fair on the little lad... :winky:

• Like 1

The VVTi internals are different from the non VVTi internals. The VVTi ones are much weaker too.

Do you want me to pre-chew that pie for you too?

The block is the same (head not) and that's about all that's the same. Please do your own homework....

Chris, don't compare you're 6 year old nephew to Knobbly... It's not fair on the little lad... :winky:

@matt

which makes power delivery of both cars pretty much equal. Its simple matt..have low compression ratio and map engine to make torque at a high rpm or have a high compresion ratio and map engine to produce torque a bit lower resulting in one counteracting the other.

@ray

if the same con rods in non vvti engine have been made slightly thiner does not mean they different and weak the vvti versions found in IS300 can happily handle 450BHP as confirmed by SRT tuners in US the non vvti can take more abuse with regards to power but how many of us tune engines to 1000bhp? And which head are you on about ray? a GE head is a GE if you say GTE head then that's a different matter.

Steady on please Gentlemen or I'll have to hijack the thread with my V8 and 250BHP and getting back to the original topic I'm on summer tyres. :D

Well if we're willy waving I'll raise you with my V8 + an extra 167 BHP :lol: and mine is definitely a four door family saloon.

• Like 1

if the same con rods in non vvti engine have been made slightly thiner does not mean they different

:lol: Read this back yourself and then again and again.....

The head is different. You might get away fitting the head with a different size gasket but it's not a straight fit.

You get everything from the internet don't you. Have you taken an engine apart before because it sounds like you haven't got a clue. Rattling some random numbers off doesn't make you a mechanic..

I'm off to do some off-roading in my 5-series because after all it's just a Land Rover Disco as it has the same engine.... Or should I take the Merc that shares the buttons from a SLR.... decision decisions.

If you find the time (which clearly you have plenty) read back the whole thread back and see where you go wrong.. I think Matt has pointed some of your contradictions out already...

Digging-Hole001.jpg

• Like 2

Ray you say the head is different right? Can you back this up with evidence for us? Am i a qualified mechanic? The answer is no do i know one or two things about cars or can i take one apart with help from my mechanic mate? Sure we could.. Do i get some info from the net ray? Now who doesn't even qualified mechanics in Bmw access the net for information to trouble shoot and fix issues they not familiar with? You bet they do..

if you and matt claim IS300 is not a Supra or cant go like one bring me an NA Supra and lets see if he can put 5 car lenghts on me.

Ray you say the head is different right? Can you back this up with evidence for us?

Right, you seem to be a very lazy person and trying to get other people to do your homework every time. Now let's turn this around shall we? You give us concrete evidence that the head is IDENTICAL...

Seems like I can take some time off and have a few beers and sit in my tub for a bit before you come back with your pie.....

if you and matt claim IS300 is not a Supra

This is the most stupid statement I have heard. Don't you think Toyota would've put a Supra badge on the rear of an IS300 it it WAS a Supra and dub the Supra as a Supra CC?

It's an IS300 bell-end Knobbly, not a Supra! End off

Ray common sense should tell both you and matt that am not talking in terms of badge or number of doors when i say IS300 is a Supra am talking in terms of engine and how it performance on the road. Of course it does not have Toyota Supra etched at the back but does it GO like one?? Ask Nabouki Katayama for proof lol ...

so you have not answered my question. name me something on the IS200 sport which is better or which the IS300 sport lacks??

That's simple.... The IS200 will have Matt, Ray and Transporter behind the wheel..... Your IS300 will have a Knob behind the wheel...... This on its own makes the IS200 infinately superior

• Like 1

@Transporter

Gosh you took long turning up.. I missed you :ooh-ducky:

Now what happens when Transporter, ray, matt and the knob as you like to call me puts thier foot down either from stand still or rolling acceleration??

ohh hang on a minute i can see buddy ray, matt and transporter disappearing in my rear view mirror.. guess i will slow down so they can catch up :lol:

Actually, no you can't...... Knobby doesn't have a driving licence yet..Does he?

I'm sorry it has taken so long to return to this post. I've been busy stripping off the cylinder head from my latest Jeep..... Bought it for a song, got a replacement head coming from Cornwall and will rebuild it and refit it and have a perfectly healthy and very good Jeep......Could you work on your own car?....On your own?...I think not

• Like 1

Actually, no you can't...... Knobby doesn't have a driving licence yet..Does he?

I'm sorry it has taken so long to return to this post. I've been busy stripping off the cylinder head from my latest Jeep..... Bought it for a song, got a replacement head coming from Cornwall and will rebuild it and refit it and have a perfectly healthy and very good Jeep......Could you work on your own car?....On your own?...I think not

I never claimed i could in fact i made it clear i was not a mechanic but that does not mean i dont know how a car works. and does that make me less of a human? i guess not.

So, Knobby..... What you are infact doing is spouting a load of numbers that you found on the internet and have no idea what they mean, how they relate to any given application or why indeed there are subtle but important variations in applications that on the face of it are similar..... You have never dismantled a machine, looked at it with a critical eye and said to yourself "Hmmmm, yes! I see why they did it like that"

Transporter we live in the information technology age where people who havent flown planes in real life could land a real one just from playing flight simulator game on the xbos. where people become real racing drivers from playing Granturismo, where people have delivered babies from watching delivery videos on youtube... what am i saying here transporter?? being a mechanic is not Rocket Science... a couple of hours watching mechanic DVD's. youtube videos and Haynes manuals and with the right tools and work space, i will strip down that engine same as you did and will do a better job whilst am at it.

let me know if my above statement is wrong transporter..

So what you are saying is that after a few hours in a flight simulator then you would be suitably qualified and experienced to fly for British Airways or playing on an Xbox means that you can go and take on Lewis Hamilton in an F1 car or you are ready for combat in Afghanistan.... Similarly reading a Haynes manual does not mean that you can then go and work on your car and get it right.... A manual gives you the information that you need provided you have a degree of experience....It tells you the order in which something should be dismantled but it doesn't tell you how to get to the nut that you cannot reach or how to find the vacuum pipe that you forgot to reconnect...... The internet is great for finding facts an figures but it cannot give you experience, the only way that you can gain experience is to get your hands dirty and do the job.....Only then will you discover the differences between vehicles that may appear to be similar. When you have demonstrated that you can take a car apart and rebuild it can you come and tell us what is what

And yes, you statement is wrong and it demonstrates your lack of understanding, experience and abillity.

No what am saying is Informaton Technology has made things which most people thought were rocket science 20-30years ago not much of a head scratching job and with small education , be it step by step manuals, with a combination of Pictures dvd videos and the right tools pulling down an engine could be done by any one who is not a mechanic.

yes this video below was rushed but with the same LS1 manual, dvds right tools and a mate to help me out with heavy lifting i can pull out that LS1 engine as an example. like i said transporter its all held together by nuts bolts, clips, hoses and wires. rocket science its not.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links