Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Snow? Its All Over

noby76

Hmm yeah, probably most likely....

Back on topic...

Had snow again a couple of days ago and the winter tyres were awesome. Even avoided knoby's sliding about here and there...

Knobby's?

and this was from someone sensitive about spellings!! you make me laugh Ray you really do!!

Where's the spelling mistake there.....

seek and ye shall find Ray!! and Transporter 'Rocket Car' it certainly is.. i like that. :devil:

Noby, you need to change your name dude..... How about Noby rocket pants?

I tried changing it to exactly that Transporter but the site wont let me :(

noby76 lets be fair tho comparing the power to weight ratios of those cars (GTR, Enzo, LFA) and there laps times around 'the ring' is abit pointless. The GTR handles like a housefly and from the times u posted suggests that the LFA does too. To say that track has a few corners would be a massive understatement so obviously handling is a major factor. A much smaller track wud be better for that argument but ultimately those figures are best used for straight line performance purposes really.

Yes Martin handling did play a part in those faster time results of the GTR and LFA compared to the Enzo but that cannot only be the main factor. but to say thier lap times around the ring is pointless will be a big understatement. other parts do play a part aswell. and this was all i was trying to let matt , transporter and ray know bigger bhp figure or 0-60 figure does not always mean fast. and I think the mistake these dudes are making is dwelling on the 211bhp, 8.2 secs and 143mph the IS300 has stated in its book and using that as the true performance of the car. but I own the car and drive it everyday and encounter other guys with similar or slightly powerful cars who want to play when its safe to do so and the IS300 tells a different story as to the way it responds and picks up speed in gears when floored. so I wont be wrong if i call it fast car.

noby76 lets be fair tho comparing the power to weight ratios of those cars (GTR, Enzo, LFA) and there laps times around 'the ring' is abit pointless. The GTR handles like a housefly and from the times u posted suggests that the LFA does too. To say that track has a few corners would be a massive understatement so obviously handling is a major factor. A much smaller track wud be better for that argument but ultimately those figures are best used for straight line performance purposes really.

Yes Martin handling did play a part in those faster time results of the GTR and LFA compared to the Enzo but that cannot only be the main factor. but to say thier lap times around the ring is pointless will be a big understatement. other parts do play a part aswell. and this was all i was trying to let matt , transporter and ray know bigger bhp figure or 0-60 figure does not always mean fast. and I think the mistake these dudes are making is dwelling on the 211bhp, 8.2 secs and 143mph the IS300 has stated in its book and using that as the true performance of the car. but I own the car and drive it everyday and encounter other guys with similar or slightly powerful cars who want to play when its safe to do so and the IS300 tells a different story as to the way it responds and picks up speed in gears when floored. so I wont be wrong if i call it fast car.

Seeing as they're all very fast cars and the track is VERY long with countless corners then handling IS the deciding factor. Again this is abit of a pointless reference tho unless of course u race cars more powerful than urs around a track.....which u dont. Or u race like this on the streets? Which i hope u dont. So i can only assume u 'race' people in a more linear fashion i.e. Straight roads or motorway, in which case handling doesnt really come into it. In which case this boils down to bhp, power:weight, torque figures so theres no need for the track references.

Seeing as they're all very fast cars and the track is VERY long with countless corners then handling IS the deciding factor. Again this is abit of a pointless reference tho unless of course u race cars more powerful than urs around a track.....which u dont. Or u race like this on the streets? Which i hope u dont. So i can only assume u 'race' people in a more linear fashion i.e. Straight roads or motorway, in which case handling doesnt really come into it. In which case this boils down to bhp, power:weight, torque figures so theres no need for the track references.

around a track, handling is a deciding factor for sure but certainly not the 100% deciding factor! obviously I dont race like that on the streets! the races are safe more linear as you confirmed mainly mways or straight roads with the occasional corner here and there. the track reference was more to point out to matt that some cars could sometimes punch above thier weights when it comes to performance compared to what thier book figure states and the IS300 is one of those.

to the common man, an enzo Ferrari would be his/her choice if thier performance figures are put in front of them and asked which one is a faster car based on thier performance or bhp figures alone. and the story changes when these two cars are taken to the Nurburgring.

is IS300 the fastest car in the world? No

is IS300 a fast 150mph car? yes

does IS300 beat similar engined both petrol and diesel or cars with similar or slightly more power than it? Yes it does

so I am baffled by all this negativety about the IS300.

There isnt negativity towards the 300 at all. What there is however is alot of banter between u and others about the subject, mainly due to ur slight exaggerations on its performance with u behind the wheel, ur need to menton ur 300 nearly every chance u get and the fact u are easily provoked into argument. Either take it as harmless banter or maybe u shud ignore it. Just friendly advice ;-)

There isnt negativity towards the 300 at all. What there is however is alot of banter between u and others about the subject, mainly due to ur slight exaggerations on its performance with u behind the wheel, ur need to menton ur 300 nearly every chance u get and the fact u are easily provoked into argument. Either take it as harmless banter or maybe u shud ignore it. Just friendly advice ;-)

come on Youngiceman 'easily provoked' will be a strong word to use dude. if you trace back to the thread i never mentioned about my IS300's performance until Transporter brought it up and i had to jump on it. we all adults and this is meant to be banter and i love banter and a bit of a laugh along the way :D .. so no hard feelings everyone lifes too short.

I meant about the other threads that were hijacked lol. Just saying theres no ill feeling towards the 300. If they were manual and if i knew they existed at the time of me getting the 200 then i might have got one lol. Anyway as long as u love banter as much as the other guys then im sure everyones a winner ;-)

And what does any of that have to do with snow or winter?

come on Youngiceman 'easily provoked' will be a strong word to use dude. if you trace back to the thread i never mentioned about my IS300's performance until Transporter brought it up and i had to jump on it. we all adults and this is meant to be banter and i love banter and a bit of a laugh along the way :D ..

So, to confirm, you ARE easily provoked, as you just said you "had to jump on it" after someone said something

so no hard feelings everyone lifes too short.

Can you name one thing you can do longer? Just one...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links