Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is220D Front And Rear Brake Pads

Rebelo

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

Mintex are well respected by owners and Blueprint seem to get good reviews in magazines.

The cheaper pads from my experience squeel like pigs and produce too much dust.

You might try Lexus for OEM Toyota pads they sometimes are surprisingly competitive on prices.

We do have a resident Lexus parts guru (ACLex) from Lexus Poole who does good prices and mail order, look down for the forum parts section.

I found this genuine front and rear brake pads in eBay, and my question is :

First is a good price or not ? Is a really big difference between the geniune ones and the Mintex or Blue Print ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170949325805?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181059225568?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

• 1 month later...

My understanding is that you should never buy parts from eBay, as the vast majority of them aren't actually genuine even if the packaging is.

Anyway, I had Mintex discs/pads fitted to the front and rear of my BMW 320d, and I have to say that, as someone who tuned cars in his younger days and thought that Mintex was the...., I was underwhelmed by their performance. My BMW's original discs/pads lasted for 84k rear and 93k front, and they were sharp until the end. Whereas, the mintex set never seemed to bed in and were never sharp, even after 10k.

When I test drove my Lexus the brakes were sharp and feelsome, but the garage did an MOT that highlighted the front pads were 80% worn - so they changed them. Unfortunately, they fitted pattern pads - I don't know the brand - and the braking performance has been rubbish ever since.

I actually can't wait until I need front discs, so I can get some original discs/pads fitted and then I'll have a premium car that can actually brake like one.

• 1 year later...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi im going to buying a is220d BUT I heard that the breaks are awful, which is surprising. Can anyone advise me as im going to be going up on Friday and don't want to waist my money. cheers.

Did you take the plunge Luke? Were off too look at a 220D sport Saturday so guess we are in a similar position right now. :msn-oh:

Rumor is crap, beakes are gorgeous. Cars great, I do prefer my old engine for smoothness and power but my pocket is preferring the fuel, when u get it go on eBay and get a K&N panned filter, so much better pull away, clean the egr valve, have a full service, and honestly put zx1 oil/fuel additive in. It's amazing.

• 4 months later...

I called Lexus Hatfield yesterday for front brake pad (parts only) £76.00, is it me or is really that expensive?

I Paid around£40 for rear pads for that i though was reasonable, and being a rear wheel drive car I would of thought the rear brake pads are more expensive?

• 1 month later...

Hope this isn't classed as a necro (only a month)

Jay:

When braking, 99% of the time it is stopping forward momentum, so weight goes to the front of the car.

On rear/front/all wheel drive cars, front brakes always do more of the braking.

• Like 1