Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Want To Supercharge My Is200

hey yes, i know theres a few topics about this already, but cant find a list of what i need, and any recommendadtions, price isnt really an issue, but i want to keep the reliabilty and the lexus sort of smoothness of the engine, not to worried about the noise.

Anyway if there is someone who has had to start from scratch recently who can tell me what i need to buy and what i need i would love you forever!

Price isnt really an issue, but i dont really want to spend a huge amount on a 12 year old car! i would like somewhere in the region of 250hp, but if i remember correctly the tte supercharger gives you about 210, and i dont want to mess around with the engine internals, so whatever is realistic to be honest.

Thanks for any help :)

What you need is a TTE Supercharger Kit. Keep an eye on eBay and the forums as they do appear now and again. The Supercharger kit I bought had a car attached to it that I had to remove before fitting it to my car.

When you fit the Supercharger kit it will give you about 205bhp, to get more power the next upgrade is a larger pulley to make the charger spin faster increasing the boost and larger injectors to get more fuel for the power increase.

ive seen a is200 for sale with a supercharger, may have to unattach the car from it :P

how much would i be looking at if a kit did come up for sale?

This one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-Lexus-IS-2-0-SE-SUPERCHARGED-4dr-/281044753583?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item416f929caf&_uhb=1

There's a rather optimistic price on that car. :o

ive seen a is200 for sale with a supercharger, may have to unattach the car from it :P

how much would i be looking at if a kit did come up for sale?

This one?

http://www.ebay.co.u...6f929caf&_uhb=1

There's a rather optimistic price on that car. :o

i did see another s/c is200 for £3'200 i think in pistonsheads, but cant find it now

Way cheaper to sell the IS 200 and buy an IS 300. Plus you get a better engine ;)

2JZ with V power shell in ECT PWR M mode is underated even without a Turbo charger..infact it pulls just as hard as Turbo charged petrol powered cars between 200 to 300 bhp.. big engined Diesels gets taken after 3rd gear is maxed..

yes i know what you mean Swede.. I knew i wont be satisfied with an IS200 when i was thinking of getting a Lex so skipped it all together and got the 300 yeh i do agree a GS430 or IS300 works out cheaper than boosting an IS200 to 210 or 280bhp... your GS you have for sale looks nice tho and would have considered it but i keep asking myself do i want a 4.3 litre with that extra grunt? yes ...do i need the extra grunt compared to my IS300 No as the 300 is quite powerfu and comfortablel enough for me at the mo..

i had thought about the is300, but ive not seen a dark grey one for sale, also there only automatics?

my other option is dropping the 2gz-gte engine in, which is a massive job

the automatics are said to handle more power through them than the W58 gearbox offered in the IS300 manual in US. it can handle 400bhp at the crank which translates to 320bhp at the rear wheels with 20% transmission losses without serious or expensive modification. just a valve body upgrade and gearbox cooler. now thats more than enough power one needs to get to 60mph in around 4-4.5 secs and clock 170mph in the gen 1 IS chasis and weight.

• Like 1

hmmmm may just stick with the supercharger for now, maybe think about a nice 2jz gte conversion in the future, i can get the engine its just finding that bloody gearbox to go with it :(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Are you still looking for the TTE kit?

I don't know if this is still available.

Ad has been on there over a week now..

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/lexus-is-200-tte-supercharger-kompressor-kit/1013009430#gallery-item-full-4

ahhh god damn it, its still availible and i want it :( but i spent 700 quid on a set of coilovers and im kicking myself!!!!

I have been messaging the guy and he said thats is all i need to bolt on and make it work, but i dont see no computer or piggy back thing, will i need one? im not 100% sure on the electronic side of things

You will need one yes. You can get one of Patrik's black boxes for about £25-£30 (I think) from the other site. Cheaper, and work better than the HKS FCD

• 4 weeks later...