Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Electric Problem? Turn Signal, Hazard, Stereo Not Working Is200

hi all

i have a liitle problem come up with my IS200 2002 and was hoping to get some advice.

i fitted a new double din stereo (the last one packed up) and it worked fine until a couple of days ago when it just went dead (not powering up). now it seems that the indicators and hazard lights have also decided to stop working. i have checked the fuses (under bonnet and also in the footwell), but have not found any blown fuses. did i look in the right place for the fuse? also, i know this may be a throw in the dark, but could you guys suggest any place else to look or should i run the car into a auto electrician?

many thanks in advance

i checked the fusebox in the passenger side footwell (righthand drive car), didnt realise there was fuse box on the drivers side as well (doesnt seem to have an access panel), or maybe i didnt look properly :/ is that where the indicator fuse would be located?

thanks

just thought i'd post an update if it helps other people here...

the indicator/hazard light fuse is in the fusebox under the bonnett (in front of the battery)

the stereo has two fuses, one in the fuse box under the bonnett, the other fuse in the fuse box in the drivers side footwell (i found it...doh!)

my indicator and hazard lights are now working. dont know what i did but i simply decided to change the fuse although the original one did not look blown.

with regards to the stereo, again i changed the fuse at the back of the stereo and magically that also started working, even though the original fuse did not look blown.

do fuses need changing even if they dont look blown? never heard of that one before!!!! but hey ho, it works now, so i'm happy with that!

now the next problem.......the flash (main beam) lights have now stopped working!!!! anyone know where the fuse is for that?

hi all

final conclusion....... again, changed the fuse, and bingo.....lights now work!

is this common with IS200's or did i just have an encounter with the twilight zone

conclusion.... change the fuse even if it doesnt look blown!

Probably due to the damp conditions we always seem to have in the UK, the contacts can become tarnished and simply removing a fuse and refitting it can sort the problem, I know Lexus tend to use a special grease on the electrical plugs and sockets to help prevent corrosion problems.

Also have you driven through any deep puddles recently?