Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Pride & Joy Has Been Damaged

I don't understand your attitude. You drove your car into a post, on private property. And you don't think you're to blame?

You want to watch you don't get hit with a bill for repainting the post. I know if anyone tried what you're doing on me, I'd sue them in response.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh dear this is getting a bit daft now. Can the opposing opinions please agree to disagree. We weren't there when it happened so its hard to picture what went on.

Peace maaaaan o_O

I don't understand your attitude. You drove your car into a post, on private property. And you don't think you're to blame?

You want to watch you don't get hit with a bill for repainting the post. I know if anyone tried what you're doing on me, I'd sue them in response.

The reason you don't understand is that you have not read properly what I have posted

You need to read and inwardly digest.

Unlucky, never nice to dink the pride and joy.

I'm with the ones saying take your poor judgement and driving on the chin.

I don't see why anyone who disagrees with this blame culture we live in should button up and not say anything. The OP brought it up, and has to accept the "aw, poor thing, sue them" and the "aw, poor thing, take it on the chin" replies.

I think the whole 20 mins wait for a disabled bay thing a pointless excuse for what happened. I spend many a Saturday driving round the multistory car park looking for a space, any space, for 20 minutes. If I drove into something (that had been there for 20 years) as a result of having to wait for a space, I'd still have chalk it up to experience (and my own bad driving). Still, good luck with the persuit of compo, will all help push insurance premiums up.

Unlucky, never nice to dink the pride and joy.

I'm with the ones saying take your poor judgement and driving on the chin.

I don't see why anyone who disagrees with this blame culture we live in should button up and not say anything. The OP brought it up, and has to accept the "aw, poor thing, sue them" and the "aw, poor thing, take it on the chin" replies.

I think the whole 20 mins wait for a disabled bay thing a pointless excuse for what happened. I spend many a Saturday driving round the multistory car park looking for a space, any space, for 20 minutes. If I drove into something (that had been there for 20 years) as a result of having to wait for a space, I'd still have chalk it up to experience (and my own bad driving). Still, good luck with the persuit of compo, will all help push insurance premiums up.

To all those that think I am trying to pull a fast one. The company that owns this chain of pubs is a multi million pound company so if I am not entitled to anything, even an apology I wont get it, so don't lose any sleep over it.

As for the remark waiting 20 mins to get into the only disabled bays really isn't worth comment, when your driving around your multistory car park I am sure you didn't come up against any spaces that were being blocked by delivery lorries and spaces empty that you couldn't get into because of it.

One thing that abled people don't get is that I would love not to be able to use disabled bays and I would love to give my blue badge up but that aint never gonna happen because my disability will only get worse. If I use a normal space I can come back and find out that I cant get into my car so I have to wait for the owner of that car to come back. Stood up in the rain with the pain getting worse. Or should I go away find somewhere to sit and go back later to find that ones gone but there's another one so I still cant get into my car. So if you have any ideas and solutions as to how I get over that problem there are thousands of disabled motorists that would like to know. Why should we have to wait for abusive foul mouthed able bodied delivery people to carry out their work at my expense of time and sometimes money?

Mike

The reason you don't understand is that you have not read properly what I have posted

I read it all. Regardless of anyone's attitude, the only person who drove your car into a fixed post was you. I'm not surprised the manager was rude, I'd be rude to anyone who thought they were entitled to blame others for their own forgetfulness.

I read it all. Regardless of anyone's attitude, the only person who drove your car into a fixed post was you. I'm not surprised the manager was rude, I'd be rude to anyone who thought they were entitled to blame others for their own forgetfulness.

No wonder you call yourself the Parrot of Doom. Mike.

It's not an attack on your disability at all, just the idea that you dinged your car by yourself with out the help of a third party and you believe your not at blame and you are entitled to compo or some sort of an apology from someone else, lol really mate take your head out of the sand and chalk it up to you messed up and that's the be all and end all to it!

It's not an attack on your disability at all, just the idea that you dinged your car by yourself with out the help of a third party and you believe your not at blame and you are entitled to compo or some sort of an apology from someone else, lol really mate take your head out of the sand and chalk it up to you messed up and that's the be all and end all to it!

Had the manager of the pub come out and apologise for having to wait for the parking place nothing else would have happened but it was his arrogant remark well the post has been there for 20 years plus other abusive remarks is what annoyed us both.

I told him I held him responsible, have I mentioned anywhere I was after a money settlement, no you have all assumed that is what I was after. I now want a full written apology.

Now you can all go to bed and sleep tight that this multi million £ company won t have to pay a penny apart from postage. Mike

As for the remark waiting 20 mins to get into the only disabled bays really isn't worth comment, when your driving around your multistory car park I am sure you didn't come up against any spaces that were being blocked by delivery lorries and spaces empty that you couldn't get into because of it.

One thing that abled people don't get is that I would love not to be able to use disabled bays and I would love to give my blue badge up but that aint never gonna happen because my disability will only get worse. If I use a normal space I can come back and find out that I cant get into my car so I have to wait for the owner of that car to come back. Stood up in the rain with the pain getting worse. Or should I go away find somewhere to sit and go back later to find that ones gone but there's another one so I still cant get into my car. So if you have any ideas and solutions as to how I get over that problem there are thousands of disabled motorists that would like to know. Why should we have to wait for abusive foul mouthed able bodied delivery people to carry out their work at my expense of time and sometimes money?

Mike

My comments about spaces was not aimed at able or disabled people, or disabled spaces, merely aimed at whether there is a wait to get in a space. It doesn't matter if a space is blocked by a lorry, or another car that parked in it before hand, the space is unavailable and involves a wait. Colliding with something after that wait has nothing to do with the availability of the space upon arrival. As frustrating as it may be waiting for a space (regardless of disabilities or not), and as frustrating as it might be finding a space only for the person next to it to be straddling the line and rendering the space useless, it doesn't disolve responsibility for having an "own fault" collision.

To all those that think I am trying to pull a fast one. The company that owns this chain of pubs is a multi million pound company so if I am not entitled to anything, even an apology I wont get it, so don't lose any sleep over it.

Why mention the size of the company. If it was a private landlord with just the one pub, are you saying you would consider your subsequent actions differently (they don't have millions so I won't persue it)?

Mike

My comments about spaces was not aimed at able or disabled people, or disabled spaces, merely aimed at whether there is a wait to get in a space. It doesn't matter if a space is blocked by a lorry, or another car that parked in it before hand, the space is unavailable and involves a wait. Colliding with something after that wait has nothing to do with the availability of the space upon arrival. As frustrating as it may be waiting for a space (regardless of disabilities or not), and as frustrating as it might be finding a space only for the person next to it to be straddling the line and rendering the space useless, it doesn't disolve responsibility for having an "own fault" collision.

Why mention the size of the company. If it was a private landlord with just the one pub, are you saying you would consider your subsequent actions differently (they don't have millions so I won't persue it)?

Mike

The reason I mention its a multi million £ company was to stop people thinking I was taking it out on a poor sole trader. No other reason others and you read into it what you wanted to read. Mike

Hi Blues-man that's bad luck but only costing £40 + fitting is not bad going TBH, well done on getting the door, i think by your post is was a private car park, as it's mentioned it used to be a road have a look here

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/+/www.direct.gov.uk/en/disabledpeople/motoringandtransport/bluebadgescheme/dg_171251

Regards Mark

Hi Blues-man that's bad luck but only costing £40 + fitting is not bad going TBH, well done on getting the door, i think by your post is was a private car park, as it's mentioned it used to be a road have a look here

http://webarchive.na...cheme/dg_171251

Regards Mark

Cheers for that very Mark.

Today is another day and the sun is shining I will pop Lexie through the car wash before I set out on my journey to Coventry.

Mike

Mike, I suppose you're lucky that you didn't damage the post and the pub guy wanted restitution !

Also, on a more useful note ............ if you don't get sorted just think about putting your experience of dopey attitude by the publican and customer upset, on Trip Advisor !

Malc

I can see your point on the access space needed and disabled spaces do provide the extra width required to fully open doors to ease exit and entry into the car particularly with the LS being a wide car. Most normal spaces mean mine is usually too long so has to be left sticking out or too narrow so you cannot open the door enough.

Non disabled people parking in disabled bays is rude and ignorant, I think myself lucky to be able bodied and if I have to walk an extra 10 yards to the shop door so be it.

I suppose there will be instances where a delivery driver may need to park in a disabled bay if there is no nearby alternative parking but this should be for as short a time as possible.

It was good fortune finding the door especially at that price and in the correct colour so minimising the repair costs.

Hopefully your insurance premiums won't be affected if you are not making a claim.

On a lighter note this is apparently a genuine quote from an insurance claim form.

"I started to turn and it was at this point I noticed a camel and an elephant tethered at the verge. This distraction caused me to lose concentration and hit a bollard."

What a fantastic bunch of guys. Not only did I pay a mere £40 for a Door in brilliant condition it wouldn't fit into the car they said if you have 30 mins we will fit it for you, great I said, how much £20 says the Polish man and in a flash it was done with everything working as it should, great shut lines, no wind noise.

I am always in awe of workers like this and many English workers could take more than a single leaf out of their books.

So £60 and less than 24 hrs after the dreadful deed Lexie looks beautiful again. Pictures tomorrow. Mike

Their eBay ID is pitbull1916

They had quite a few bits for Mk4 LS including a bonnet.

Unit 1 Jackson Road

(next door to gym)

Coventry

Warwickshire

CV64BT

United Kingdom

I can see your point on the access space needed and disabled spaces do provide the extra width required to fully open doors to ease exit and entry into the car particularly with the LS being a wide car. Most normal spaces mean mine is usually too long so has to be left sticking out or too narrow so you cannot open the door enough.

Non disabled people parking in disabled bays is rude and ignorant, I think myself lucky to be able bodied and if I have to walk an extra 10 yards to the shop door so be it.

I suppose there will be instances where a delivery driver may need to park in a disabled bay if there is no nearby alternative parking but this should be for as short a time as possible.

It was good fortune finding the door especially at that price and in the correct colour so minimising the repair costs.

Hopefully your insurance premiums won't be affected if you are not making a claim.

On a lighter note this is apparently a genuine quote from an insurance claim form.

"I started to turn and it was at this point I noticed a camel and an elephant tethered at the verge. This distraction caused me to lose concentration and hit a bollard."

Love the insurance quote.

You can see where the lorry is now parked that was only after my friend arrived and he went in and got them out to move it, interrupting their drinks on the house. Before that it completely blocked the bays.

Anyway that's the end of that saga and I am smiling again.

Thanks for all the comments.Mike

2013-02-07120841.jpg

What a fantastic bunch of guys. Not only did I pay a mere £40 for a Door in brilliant condition it wouldn't fit into the car they said if you have 30 mins we will fit it for you, great I said, how much £20 says the Polish man and in a flash it was done with everything working as it should, great shut lines, no wind noise.

I am always in awe of workers like this and many English workers could take more than a single leaf out of their books.

So £60 and less than 24 hrs after the dreadful deed Lexie looks beautiful again. Pictures tomorrow. Mike

Their Ebay ID is pitbull1916

Unit 1 Jackson Road

(next door to gym)

Coventry

Warwickshire

CV64BT

United Kingdom

Small world, I have the wheels and passenger door mirror off that car, bought off eBay a couple of months back.

The mirror had a hole in the casing, but I just wanted the glass and backing plate, and the wheels had a cracking set of tyres on, and I'll repaint them ready to go on when needed.

I negotiated a good price for both (£120 I think it was), and they combined postage too.

Anyway, glad you got everything sorted relatively painlessly, I dread to think what the cost of a main dealer insurance repair would have been, probably write off territory.

Unit 1 Jackson Road

(next door to gym)

Coventry

Warwickshire

CV64BT

United Kingdom

Small world, I have the wheels and passenger door mirror off that car, bought off eBay a couple of months back.

The mirror had a hole in the casing, but I just wanted the glass and backing plate, and the wheels had a cracking set of tyres on, and I'll repaint them ready to go on when needed.

I negotiated a good price for both (£120 I think it was), and they combined postage too.

Anyway, glad you got everything sorted relatively painlessly, I dread to think what the cost of a main dealer insurance repair would have been, probably write off territory.

What we do with our cars is proper recycling. You got a great deal from them. I did say to them that their name might put some people off, and I questioned as to whether it was a good idea trading with someone called Pitbull but I'm glad I did.

Unit 1 Jackson Road

(next door to gym)

Coventry

Warwickshire

CV64BT

United Kingdom

A small world indeed, i too recognise the eBay ID, difficult not to. I bought the front console gear lever wood surround to replace mine where some numpty had drilled holes in it for some indicator lights for an alarm.

I am so confused it's unreal.

Is the OP seriously trying to blame someone else for him driving into that wooden pole? This is a wind up right?