Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Still Going Strong

I took the car along to Lexus Hull today for it's 110k service and MOT.

It passed with flying colours and no advisories.

This car is almost 10 years old and it is still tight as a drum, steering,suspension,brakes,electrics all in great working order.

usi11.gif

Happy chappy.

Nice one fella. :)

We all hate MOT time! Putting my IS200 through was the most nerve racking ever as it was due just 2 months after I bought it but mine went through, no advisories :)

My Honda failed 3 years running, always on suspension parts. 1st year rear shocks, 2nd year cv joint, 3rd year other cv joint. :(

Its alright being nervous at MOT time, but i dont get ppl that just leave stuff that they could easily diagnose themselves. brakes, tyres, lights even suspension... if it needs fixing get it fixed, dont wait till MOT time.... rant over

Its alright being nervous at MOT time, but i dont get ppl that just leave stuff that they could easily diagnose themselves. brakes, tyres, lights even suspension... if it needs fixing get it fixed, dont wait till MOT time.... rant over

Nobody should ever fail on bulbs, tyres, wipers etc but I had no idea the rear shocks were gone, car still drove well and it didn't feel wobbly. Never gave it the 'bounce' test as I had no reason to. I always do now tho.

Same with the cv joints, no idea how to check them tbh.

Just a easy tips for u guys , I always separate service and mot, for example my service normally in March and my MOT in September , so if it any issue pop during service I will have a lot of time to sort it out, but this would not suite anybody if u are a daily driver :)

Nobody should ever fail on bulbs, tyres, wipers etc but I had no idea the rear shocks were gone, car still drove well and it didn't feel wobbly. Never gave it the 'bounce' test as I had no reason to. I always do now tho.

Same with the cv joints, no idea how to check them tbh.

no deffo certain things you cant tell. but some ppl come to me complaining they cant drive there car because failed its MOT for stupid stuff. i wasnt directing this at anyone. just in general

• 3 weeks later...

Mine is nearly 12 years old (70k) . Everything original except for tyres Battery pads and one shock absorber. Had a good look underneath whilst the tracking was checked. Very little rust and has never been undersealed.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links