Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Engine Trim/cover Help For Is220D 2006

Hi peeps,

After spending ages trying to figure out what the knocking noise was which was coming from the drivers side, convincing myself it was my suspension, I took my car to a local garage and with minutes I felt like a complete t*#t because my engine trim/cover has no securing clips! Doh.

My question to you peeps in the know is...does anyone have a part number for the clips in question? Lexus keeps fobbing me off with random numbers and not the real part number. I refuse to pay £20 +p&p for 15 when I can get a bag of ten on eBay for £2.50inc p&p! Tight git I know!!

I need some of them for mine too, my engine covers are missing a few of them, I hope someone can help us. I've been meaning to ask on the forum about these clips. Haven't got around to going to Lexus about them yet but i suspect they will charge an extortionate amount just for the clips lol

Just don't be too upset when you lose some. They do tend to rattle loose. Not a brilliant design at all really. Lex replaced all mine when they did my 220d engine rebuild.

You hit the nail on the head for me there! My cars going in for a new engine on the 25th so i assume that they will replace them for me there, fingers crossed.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...