Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Everyone,

I want to remove the wood trim on the center console of my 2004 RX300, so I can carbon wrap them (wife doesn't like the wood). There are 3 of them (cup holder cover and 2 bits in front and behind), and gentle prodding with taped screwdriver has not been successful.

Does anyone know how to remove these bits of trim ?

Regards

:shifty:

If its just the centre part which surrounds the gear stick, then all you have to do is put both hands underneath the trim at the front and just pull vertically upwards and it will just clip out. I have done this a few times with no problems. Excuse any typos etc , as I am doing this on my mobile.

Sorry to the op, misunderstood, found this article though

UNFORTUNATELY I'M UNABLE TO ATTACH A COPY OF THE PROCEDURE, BUT THE

TASK IS QUITE SIMPLE. FIRST REMOVE THE UPPER CONSOLE BOX COVER. THIS IS THE TOP PIECE WITH THE VENTS TOWARD THE BACK.IT HAS 6 CLIPS. JUST USE A SCREWDRIVER THAT IS TAPED ON THE END, AND SEPARATE IT FROM THE MAIN CONSOLE BOX. NEXT, YOU NEED TO REMOVE 2 SCREWS AND 4 BOLTS THAT ATTACH THE MAIN CONSOLE BOX TO THE FLOOR.THE 2 SCREWS ARE LOCATE AT THE FRONT BEHIND A CAP ON THE SIDE. POP THE CAPS OFF AND REMOVE THE SCREWS. NEXT, ABOUT 5 INCHES BACK OF THE AREA WHERE THE SCREWS WERE, THERE IS A PLASTIC COVER PLATE. ITS THE ABOUT THE SAME WIDTH AS THE BOX. POP THE PLATE. THERE YOU WILL SEE 2 BOLTS. THE OTHER 2 BOLTS ARE LOCATED IN THE REAR WHERE THE BACK VENT IS LOCATED ON TOP. THATS IT. GOOD LUCK.

• Like 1

Hi Everyone,

Yes, it's the sliding center bit that is the problem. I know how to get the console off the floor (thanks IanS200), but cant find any screws to remove the wood trim from the plastic - basically I want to carbon wrap the wood trim, and to get a good finish I need to get the trim off the plastic. I've done the section around the gear shift and the heated seat controls, and it looks very nice.

Regards,

Simon

Wait until you decide to do the door trims....

I've had conflicting advice as to whether they pull off, or you have to remove the door panel and take the armrest apart from door card....

J

• 2 months later...

Dragged up topic alert!

Had a spare hour this afternoon so wrapped my wood trim with brushed aluminium....

DSC00667_zps183488e0.jpg:original

DSC00667_zps183488e0.jpg:original

Literaly took and hour to take out, strip, wrap and reassemble...

Very nice ! How did you get the trim off the pieces of the console between the seats. I know how to get the console off the floor but not how to get the trim off the top bits.

• 10 months later...

You are right box brownie it just comes down to personal preference but to myself and the wife who is the most important person (if she reads this) brushed aluminium I think just gives the interior a more modern feel

You don't let the 710 read the forums surely? :eerrrmm:

And yes it is more modern, but thats because I am an old fart who loves the gentlemans club comfy quiet look (with no female intervention, except for the kitchen)...............oh dear, if my 710 reads this am I in trouble now :flowers:

:D

Wrapping DDow is a plastic film which is sticky on the one side I bought it of eBay £10 ish and basically took all the wood trim off and stuck the wrap on each individual piece using a hair dryer and a old credit card.to look at it now it took a bit of time roughly a full day but it is rewarding.

• 1 month later...

This is one of the first things I'll do when I pick my RX up - the wood is shockingly cheap and just ruins the cabin

Can you attach a link to the removal process and the wrapping you used?

Thanks

This is the wrap I used eBay item number (261238129595) I also bought a upholstery trim removal kit of eBay item number (400552687790) some basic tools socket set,electric screwdriver.didnt have a guide or couldn't find a guide to remove of the pieces.but with bit of time and patience removed each panel wrapped and replaced with breaking any thing quite easily odutchyo but I do warn you Lexus are very we'll assembled lol

This is the wrap I used eBay item number (261238129595) I also bought a upholstery trim removal kit of eBay item number (400552687790) some basic tools socket set,electric screwdriver.didnt have a guide or couldn't find a guide to remove of the pieces.but with bit of time and patience removed each panel wrapped and replaced with breaking any thing quite easily odutchyo but I do warn you Lexus are very we'll assembled lol

Brilliant, thanks! I pick the car up in a couple of hours, I'll get the bits ordered and I'll put the finished results on here in due course - I think your profile pic is the.same colour RX, I was thinking of a grey carbon effect wrap?

Thanks for response Pedro. :0)

• 3 weeks later...

Right!

I'm stuck, I got these two bits off....

But I can't get the door wood trim off and the other two wood trim from the sliding centre console!.

Help please....

post-50033-0-11470500-1399308346_thumb.j

Dragged up topic alert!

Had a spare hour this afternoon so wrapped my wood trim with brushed aluminium....

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb160/foodie69jason/DSC00667_zps183488e0.jpg:original

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb160/foodie69jason/DSC00667_zps183488e0.jpg:original

Literaly took and hour to take out, strip, wrap and reassemble...

Any change you can put a "how to" for the door wood trims and the centre sliding console part?! Pleeeeez". :0)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links