Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Some Help Needed With Nav Screen Settings

I've had a search around and can't find the answer to these problems, but apologies if they've been covered before.

I've had my IS250 for 6 months now and on the whole it's been great. Recently though whilst messing around in the options menu, I ended up restoring one of the old user settings in the memory. This obviously changed lot of the options, so I had to go back and change everything again. Since that day though, I've had two niggles that just haven't gone away.

Firstly, the screen will now not reliably dim when driving with the lights on/at night. If I'm driving during the day and it gets dark it will dim, but if I set off when it's already dark it won't go dim straight away. The only way to force it is to switch the dimmer knob all the way to the right and back again. The strange thing is this will dim the screen and invert the colours, but only until I go below about 5mph. It will then go bright again, and stay that way until I toggle the switch again. I'm not sure if this is an intended feature, but I certainly can't find an obvious way of turning it off.

Second issue, is that the navigation will now not automatically reroute when I go off the original planned route. It will now just stay on the original route, and I'll get no voice guidance until I return to the original route. Again, I've played with all the settings and can't seem to change this.

Thanks in advance for any helpful tips.

I'm afraid not. There is a mention in the manual of how changing the screen to day mode with the headlights on will cause it to remember this setting, but this doesn't seem to correlate with my experience. I have a feeling it's getting close to the issue though, so I will play around a bit more.

In regards to the sat nav not rerouting, I can't see anything about that. It also doesn't display the estimated arrival time anymore, so that might be related.

Is there anyway to do a total reset of the nav unit, as that might be a solution to all these problems?

Auto-Dimming Screen:

The dimmer knob needs to be in any position apart from the lock (full brightness). Make sure it is dark outside. Press Display on the Sat Nav. You should be able to see an option called 'Day Mode' on the top of the screen. Make sure it is unchecked. The screen should automatically dim when it's dark outside this way.

Resetting Sat Nav

Try the following.

- Delete all users

- Press Info -> Screen Setting -> Delete personal Data

- Press Menu -> Setup -> Click Default in the lower left corner of the screen.

I believe resetting your ECU will reset the Sat Nav too (Disconnect negative Battery cable overnight). Try that if the above doesn't fix your problem.

Sounds like a plan then?

I just tried going into the set up/vehicle/camera(I think) but only managed to turn off my audible warnings when reversing. Have to admit it did not seem that intuitive first time round...but I got the audible alarm back after a bit of a minor panic!!

I was pleased to hear you got the satnav problem solved.

I was very interested in that.

I'm sure that you will agree that the satnav system is great.

Good luck with the contacts transfer.

I hope that it will be as easy as transferring them from an Iphone.

I was impressed with how painless and quick it was.

Argento

I too had the exact same problem after looking through some of the Sat Nav settings, it then would not re-route and no time to arrival. I too then did:

- Delete all users

- Press Info -> Screen Setting -> Delete personal Data

Fixed the Sat Nav issues. Most bizarre.

I have now memorised my settings to User1 so hopefully they can be recalled if it ever screws up again.

Then paired the mobile and found transfering all the contacts (in one go) via Bluetooth using Android worked 1st time.

Result!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links